Open Foundation West Africa (OFWA) is a soft skills tech-based non-profit organization and a network of communities, committed to digitally representing and preserving the culture of Africa, and developing skills on the continent using an open-centered approach to deliver Skills Training and Capacity building opportunities. Our priority areas of work include Advocacy & Awareness, Training and Development and Digitization and Digitalization. Our main objectives for the coming years is to increase the visibility and vision of our work in the West African sub-region. We are looking forward to achieving this by enhancing our strategic direction in all our operational functions and through the implementation of high quality and high impact programs that target the needs and aspirations of our community and key stakeholders. In light of this, our organization is seeking to hire an Administrative Executive (full time) to oversee this strategic direction and to help us grow the impact of our work in the sub-region. The person we are looking for must be well versed in business development, financial management and people management. We are also keen on individuals who have a deep understanding of corporate communications and community engagement, have experience in NGO operations and can oversee all the technical aspects of the organization.
- Minimum Qualification:MBA / MSc
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:3 years
We would like you to be able to do:
- Manage staff salaries and general wellbeing of staff – using human resources policies, procedures and practices including hiring, orientation, training, performance reviews, etc.
- Developing organizational goals and leading the organization to achieve them
- Oversee the daily operations of the organization, providing executive direction of all program strategy, compliance, quality assurance, and program efficiency
- Pursue continued innovation in communications, maintain strong community connections and develop sustainable partnerships.
- Developing strategies to realize the impact of the organizations’ programs
- Designing and creating systems to enhance team coordination and workflow at the organization
- Ability to apply business development skills in an NGO or startup environment. Such skills include project management, proposal writing, scenario planning, etc.
- Ensure appropriate financial management of the organization’s budget, including appropriate bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed
- Creating a framework for tracking and monitoring team and organizational-wide program progress.
- Producing quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports for the board, and developing annual budget proposals for key stakeholders.
- Develop robust evaluation frameworks to help capture and tell impactful stories about the organization's work
- Designing organizational level risk assessment – Identify potential risks and opportunities within the organization and its environment to protect the organization's interests.
We will be happy if you had:
- Outstanding organization and leadership abilities
- Deep knowledge in strategic planning and critical thinking
- Ability to apply successful fundraising and networking techniques
- MSc/MA in business administration or relevant field will be an advantage
- 3+ years of senior management experience, preferably with a nonprofit
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and public speaking skills
- Proven experience in a managerial position, and in-depth knowledge of corporate governance principles and managerial best practices
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance
- An analytical mind capable for “out-of-the-box” thinking to solve problems
- Proven success working directly with a board of directors
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with an innovative approach to business planning
- Dynamic and charismatic team player who enjoys being the public face of an organization
- Proficient in the use of computers, video technology and personal technology (including google business suite, project management tools, etc.)
- Willing to travel for Board meetings and other official OFWA functions both in and out of the country
- Ability to work on some weekends is critical
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.