About Center for Achievement
Center for Achievement is an education focused NGO that strives to create young leaders within the community. Through our programs, we seek to improve and create more opportunities for young people in the Volta region whilst assisting in community development projects. We help to equip youth to intelligently face life’s challenges.
Reports to: Program Director
Responsible for: Administrative and training programs undertaken by CFA.
Your role is multi-faceted and includes working directly with staff, students, families, and community members in all projects we undertake. This is a growth position and entails administrative and
management duties as well as training and educational program development.
All members of CFA work as a team and are flexible to put their efforts where they are needed at a time.
- Maintain up-to-date Staff and interns’ attendance book and a signed visitor register
- Work with Program Director to develop and maintain monthly budgets
- Track expenditures and keep up-to-date records on google docs to ensure spending is inline with budget
- Follow best practices in all financial management and record keeping - have the required approvals and copies of receipts filed and scanned.
- Keep calendar up to date – school schedule, vacation days, meetings, daily routine, etc.
- Keep all statutory documents and payment records for Organization and staff up to date
- Ensure that all award agreements are adhered to by both CFA, students and their families
Office and Equipment Management
- Make payment for all Student Wards, bills and organizational expenditure while ensuring value for money.
- Monitor the correct use of laptops and equipment and make sure inventory is updated monthly and that equipment is well maintained.
- Manage CFA resource center materials, interns and users of the organization’s space
- Ensure and make available logistical needs of the office and program
Path Student and Program support
- Organize and participate in new student/intern orientation as well as new staff or volunteers into the CFA office /CFA complex
- Coordinate trainings and follow program outline (SharePoint Learning Hub) to assure trainings are held as scheduled (3 -4 times per month) so students gain all necessary skills.
- Provide supervision and mentorship for PATH Students.
- Coordinate, and deliver tools and logistics for community outreach and Path to Success initiatives.
- Guide and support all users of CFA space to uphold the organizations values, core values and norms.
- Ensure all documents, photos and videos are uploaded to SharePoint.
Educational Outreach Training
- Train and work with Education Program Specialist to utilize the vast materials available at CFA and to prepare interns and students to work in the community and classroom environments.
- Coordinate Education Program Specialist to train CFA student-teachers to create lesson plans, create a positive and productive class culture to conduct all lessons.
- Oversee the teaching style adopted by the various interns and provide prompt feedback to
Education Program Coordinator for effective training design.
- Ensure all Content and classes are prepared in advance and in accordance with the needs of the classes being taught.
- Ensure educational materials and supplies are cared for and maintained to preserve their life-span.
Program Development and M&E
- Assist in developing Project Plan/MOU and policies in the organization.
- Support in Identifing goals, benchmarks and data to be collected, monitered and evaluated for all CFA Programs and community level activites.
Funding and Grants:
- Assist in the collection and buying of Arts and Crafts to be sold abroad
- Seek out new opportunities and build relationships for local Arts and Crafts
- Assist in documenting all that goes on at CFA – learn how to take good photos and share them so they may be posted or used in any materials we may want to produce.
- Help us to promote the work of Pagus Africa/CFA though your reports on program impact, documented picture and videos and on your social media
- Educated to Degree level in Project Management, Social sciences, development studies, Administration or any related field
- Experience working in an intercultural environment
- Experience working with young people
- Proficient using Sharepoint
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.