Administration Assistant - Web Development Global Apparel Training Association Three-month mission to start with
Programme and organization descriptions
The GIZ public-private-partnership programme (develoPPP) was established by the German government (BMZ) as a way to support and foster the involvement of the private sector in developing countries and emerging economies. GIZ has launched a public-private partnership programme with a consortium of private firms -- sourcing company Ethical Apparel Africa, digital pattern company Gerber, interlining supplier Freudenberg and needle supplier Groz Beckert -- focused on the emerging apparel industry in West Africa. The primary objective of the programme is to strengthen up to 15 small and medium-sized (SMEs) clothing manufacturers for the export market in order to create qualified and socially responsible employment.
This programme focuses on classroom-based and in-factory Technical Vocational Training to build a pipeline of skilled local talent for the growing industry that will address a key barrier to competitiveness and accelerate industry growth and job creation in apparel factories in West Africa. Classroom based training in pattern development and mechanics will be delivered at local university Accra Technical Training Centre (ATTC). In addition the Centre will provide services to local SME’s that require mechanic & pattern making support.
The Global Apparel Training Association (GATA) is the nonprofit, capacity building arm of Sourcing Company Ethical Apparel Africa. GATA is responsible for the training design and curriculum development plus training delivery through a team of international experts. The project will run until July 2022 through GIZ and then will be directly managed by the ATTC.
The person will report to the Technical Project Manager and will have the following roles & responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Executive Management team to determine the website purpose, functions, requirements and long term strategy
- Work closely with the technical team to gather all resources materials and anticipate Factories needs in gathering information
- Develop the website infrastructure and application related to pages with advanced graphics and features including all training course materials, reports & formats for GATA operations and training follow up
- Re-arrange all course materials/reports & formats in a presentable, eye catching, visual manner and easy to understand way
- Conduct two workshops to raise awareness about marketing and promote the website and project
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the website, including updates, maintenance and future development
- Establish policies and procedures around website content management
- Develop and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the website usability and functionality.
- Work closely with the technical team to create marketing tools and support to present the services offered at the ATTC and in factory
- Work with the Trainers to improve and adjust resources based on web users’ feedback and experience
- Train the GATA, ATTC and GIZ teams as well as two members from each Factory in how to use the website, access information and download resources as per their requirement. Keep them informed on changes and adjustment on an ongoing basis.
- Inform and train the GATA, ATTC and GIZ teams on any changes made on the website in order for them to incorporate it in their training curriculum and course materials
- Closely work with the GIZ and GATA teams to gather and upload information onto the press and compliance/ impact sections on an ongoing basis
- Closely work with the GATA Administration Assistants and the IT team for DMS implementation and share updates from their activities on the website.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to GATA Managers on a daily basis and complete any other administrative tasks as assigned by the Technical Project Manager.
Qualifications & Attributes
- Good first degree in Computer Science, information technology or relevant related field
- At least five years relevant post qualification experience in the IT industry, especially management of website
- Good command over HTML (Hyper Mark-up Language), CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) and Extensible Markup Language (XML), Ajax, Flash, C+++ or Java, etc.
- Knowledge of operating systems such as open-source Unix operating system or its variants
- Capability in the use of web development application such as Adobe Dreamweaver, Microsoft frontpage
- Good knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and in graphic design
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as good presentation skills
- Ability to understand different audiences need and translate this into user friendly web pages
- Fluency in English as well as in the local languages in Ghana (Twi, Ewe, Ga, Fan).
- Evidence of the following characteristics: humble, proactive, persistent, resourceful, able to respect deadlines, attention to details, strong at building relationships poised, active listener, fun to work with, and full of integrity
How to apply
- Starting Date January 2022
- Kindly send a resume and a separate and specific cover letter for this position to email@example.com, using the reference “GATA. ADMIN WEB 22” as the subject of your email.
- Only complete applications with accurate references will be considered and only the most qualified candidates will be shortlisted for interview.
GIZ Ghana and GATA are equal opportunity employers, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.