· An accounts officer manages the financial bookkeeping of a business or organization.
· Each day, an accounts officer processes invoices, records payments, and track expenses of the organization.
· In some cases, an accounts officer supervises other staff members who assist with the bookkeeping duties.
· Attention to detail is paramount.
· Each expense must be cross-checked with the corresponding invoice, to ensure that the billing is accurate.
· Communicating with customers is a regular duty of this job.
· An accounts officer sends bills to customers; processes refunds; interacts with collection agencies on past-due accounts; and, works to resolve billing disputes.
· Prepare vouchers and cheques for the release of funds and procure logistics as approved.
· Ensure maximum compliance of tax laws, especially with withholding taxes and VAT in all purchases and sales accordingly.
· File payment vouchers and receipts and keep soft copies of all payments and receipts using Excel or any accounting software.
· Maintain detailed, accurate, up-to-date budget information for each program area and general operations to inform decision making by Director and Team Leads.
· Prepare Financial statement on monthly and annual for Director and Auditors.
· Work closely with the auditor by assembling and providing all necessary financial documents and information for auditing.
· The role oversees the general administration of the business, supervise fleet and general supply chain management and reporting to management and or clients.