Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep and maintain up-to-date asset register for the business.
- Keep and maintain a general ledger account containing;
- Taxes : WHT, VAT, CIT
- Bank account
- Cash account
- Inventories and stationery stock
- Forex Exchange transactions
- Staff salaries
- Staff loans
- Advance mobilization
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements and submit it to Finance Manger by close of every week
- Prepare liquidity reports and submit it to Finance Manger by the last working day of every week.
- Prepare expenditure reports and submit it to Finance Manger by the last working day of every week
- Oversee the proper filing of company documents.
- Responsible for all official errands.
- Prepare the trail balance for monthly management account preparation
- Prepare the monthly management accounts and present to Finance Manager by 5th of the ensuing month for review.
- Assist the Account Manager in the preparation of quarterly and the annual financial statements and reports.
- Keep and maintain separate records for each client project and produce project report at end of every month
- Ensure proper filing of payment receipts, invoices, contract letters, and other commercial documents in accordance with the acceptable company standard.
- Ensure all budgeted payments are done on time
- Ensure statutory payments (PAYE, SSNIT, and GLICO Pension) are done before 7th of the ensuing month.
- Ensure withholding taxes accurately deducted (suppliers, service providers, Directors, Staff, rent) from applicable payments.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by conducting control account at end of each month.
- Take responsibility of payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Prepare budget and financial forecasts for the business
- Prepare budgetary control ( variance analysis ) at the end of each month
- Conduct month-end and year-end close process ( control account )
- Keep accounts information confidential and secure
- Take responsibility of any assigned clerical duty
- Keep up with financial and accounting standards, policies, regulation and legislation
- A good first degree in Accounting and or Finance
- The ability to work under strict time constraints
- The ability to prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Advance knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting standards and national laws and regulations
- Comfortable with computer handling. Should know how to handle accounts through computer systems.
- Must be competent in the use of Sage Software
- Problem solving skills are necessary.
- Professionalism is a must for the Accounts Officer.
- Must be able to work with teams and lead during crisis.
Applicants should send their CVs via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.