- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Coding and posting transactions into Tally accounting software
- Configuration of the Tally software
- Monthly staff payroll, ensured proper deductions of SSNIT and PAYE
- Preparation weekly financial reports
- Preparation of reports for various reasons
- Managing accounts receivables
- Managing accounts payables
- Managing Stock levels and stores movements
- Preparation monthly bank reconciliation
- Preparation cashflow forecast
- Maintaining an efficient relationship with the banks
- Banking transactions
- Preparation of management account
- Preparation monthly PAYE & SSNIT Schedules
- Maintaining efficient working relationship with statutory bodies such as GRA, SSNIT and other
- Preparation of VAT & WHT Returns and Follow up with WHT returns from customers that led to tax credit for the company
- Processing transactions related to project in tally accounts on project basis
- Facilitation of the establishment of bank and insurance guarantees to meet due diligence requirement for Bidding and Tendering
- Preparation of profitability analysis on projects detaining budgets against actual expenditures
- Preparation cashflow projections to access the funding options of concurrent projects
- Providing financial data to support public tender bidding of projects
- Overseeing procurement foreign & local.
Audit of yearly financial statement:
- Provide external auditors with trial balance for the year for the purpose of audit
- Provide supporting documents to the auditors for the purpose of verification and assurance
- Provided explanations to auditors on their query of the selected transaction
- Maintaining an efficient working relationship with auditors
Profile of candidate:
- A University Degree in Accounting
- Qualified Chartered Accountant Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Meticulous in preparation of documents
- Self-starter and motivator