The Organisation of African Trade Union Unity
(OATUU), a specialized agency of the African Union in the field of labour with
its headquarters based in Accra, requires the services of experienced persons
to fill the following vacant positions
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage accounting tasks.
- Manage and analyze budget and create financial forecasts.
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with the planned time schedule.
- Gather, track, analyze and present summarized accounting information.
- Calculate relevant taxes and tax returns.
- Prepare balance sheets and write profit and loss statements.
- Create and present detailed reports to the Secretariat and other relevant institutions.
- Audit financial transactions.
- Make sure that confidential information is secure.
- Keep abreast with financial laws, rules and regulations and internal policies.
- Create and analyze liability, assets, and capital accounts by compiling electronic data and required documentation.
- Summarize and prepare financial status and transactions reports, including a profit and loss statement, and other necessary reports.
- Comply with international and local protocols including legal requirements.
- Create a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) manual for accounting policy and regulations, and roll out reconciliation procedures.
- Monitor and maintain the audit system by implementing new policies and procedures in the finance department.
- Guide junior accountants and other staff.
- Focus on tax compliance, registration, contract review, and non-profit tax filing.
- Play a vital part in the Organisation's financial management which includes all account reconciliations and reporting to necessary parties.
- Oversee accounts payable and receivable.
- Prepare financial statements and analysis.
- Analyze financial reports.
- Supervise accounting department, junior employees, and accounting assistants.
- Maintain organizational accounting procedures and processes.
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) for financial statements.
- Record financial information for analysis.
- Assist the accounting manager in preparing documents and interpreting complicated financial information for executives.
- Advice on the procedure and financial management.
- Develop procedures to improve efficiency.
- Forecast and plan for future needs.
- Ensure compliance with all internal processes.
- Assists with audits and taxes.
- Prepare financial reports for taxes, regulatory agencies, and others.
- Maintain account balances and bank statements.
- Manage general ledger and assist month-end and year-end close processes.
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field,
- Ability to speak English and French. Arabic and Portuguese will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of three years of work experience in the field of Accounting,
- Strong computer literacy skills.
Interested applicants should send CVS to email@example.com
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.