1. Prepare the following Report on a monthly Basis:
- Management and financial for operations, by Departments and consolidated.
- Revenue, Collections and Bankings Report.
- Status Report on Statutory Obligations.
- Monthly Operational Expenditure Budget and Actual Spending Report (Variance Analysis).
- VAT, PAYE, TIER 1, TIER 2 and TIER 3 Returns.
- Monthly Budget request for Payroll and Non-payroll budgets.
2. Process and submit of Monthly Staff Payroll for approval and ensure payroll control systems are in place.
3. Prepare Annual Budget for the Hotel.
4. Prepare and submit by December 31 of each year, Self-assessed Tax Returns for each year of assessment to GRA.
5. Compile Fixed Assets Register for all Departments and ensure all entries are captured in the accounts software.
6. Safeguard assets of the Hotel by ensuring strict adherence to Business Processes and Standard Operating Procedures.
7. Recommend to Management cost savings strategies and measures to help in the hotel development.
8. Review the GRA Income Tax Act to identify areas where tax benefits can be obtained and tax avoidance exploited.
9. Maintain Financial and Accounting Records in accordance with Financial Reporting Standards and Requirements.
10. Ensure strict adherence to Operational Policies and Procedures.
11. Liaise with External Auditors for end-of-year audit and other related transactions to ensure all filing are done on time.
12. Liaise with Bankers of the Hotel and Statutory bodies regarding Banking transactions, Tax Issues and Reporting Issues.
13. Negotiate with Suppliers for favorable credit terms.
14. Weekly Reports on Sales, Stock and Variance Analysis.
15. Ensure regular reconciliation, credit card statement reconciliation, petty cash reconciliation and cash register reconciliation.
16. Prepare profit and loss account and the balance sheet for senior management.
17. Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
- Must have a minimum of a professional qualification (CA / ACCA) or any related professional qualification in Accounting.
- Must have an MBA in Accounting.
Required Skills / Experience:
- A minimum of 7 – 10 years experience is required preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Must have progressively passed through the Accounts department.
- Must have experience in the use of SAGE Accounts Software
Benefit for the role:
- An opportunity to work in what will become the biggest Hotel, conferencing and events destination in Africa.
- Unfurnished accommodation
- Company vehicle for all the roles.