The Account Manager (equivalent of post-sale Digital Marketing Strategist) is responsible for the successful management of digital strategy for client brands.
The Account Manager answers key questions such as how brands are communicated and experienced through digital interactions, and how 360 digital interactions fit into broader customer experiences.
Account Managers are responsible for achieving the client’s strategic brand and business objectives by working with clients to provide them with guidance and working with the internal team to achieve the execution of strategies. They also have the responsibility of supporting the Head and Key Account Manager on Tier 1 accounts ensuring that client’s expectations are managed and met.
They serve a vital role in promoting the integration of cross-functional teams and ensuring seamless delivery of all work to the client. This position reports to the Head of Account Management Team in the region.
The Account Manager's function revolves around three key pillars.
- Develop unique strategies and build upon current client strategies within the digital arena to meet/exceed objectives; Give strategy presentations to high-level executives
- Manage strategy, ideation, and overall project scope
- Construct media plans with the input of the Online Marketing team.
- Write communication briefs, ensuring that creative and media are effectively integrated
- Foster timeline development and monitors progress, ensuring deadlines are met
- Manage research studies that yield rich insights into consumer online behavior and key motivational/attitudinal behavior. Develop a total understanding of online target audience and mindset modes.
- Ensure constant awareness of all competitive activities within accounts.
- Transmit campaign reports to clients that are produced by strategy delivery team.
- Work with internal teams to develop post-sale client strategies and ensure elite strategy execution Review work prior to client review.
- Provide leadership and support during execution.
- Work with strategy delivery managers to ensure strategy delivery team is aligned to client requirements
- Provide campaign performance reporting and analysis to clients
- Ensure accountability is established during the project planning process
- Achieve 100% realizations on all assigned accounts
- Develop strong, trusting relationships with clients and internal partners.
- Manage client relationships and provide clients with excellent service and support.
- Manage client expectations, bringing issues/concerns to client's attention before they become problems, offering potential solutions, and advising of potential delivery delays