Department : Credit
Location : Head Office
Salary Grade/Step : Classified
Immediate Supervisor : Chief Executive officer
Title/No. of Positions directly supervised : Credit Team (s) members
Functional Reporting Departments : Operations, Finance
- Responsible for the review and approval of commercial credit proposals and to maintain a good balance between returns and risks exposure
- Responsible for the Credit Portfolio(s) of the company.
- Leads a sharp, aggressive and result oriented credit team to ensure high market share within the industry.
- Engages the development, implementation, review and monitoring of various credit and risk programs and providing training and coaching to continuously upgrade the competency of the team members
- Review and develop the company’s Product papers, as well as participate in ad hoc projects of researching on specific customer portfolio or market segments.
- Implementation of credit processes and policies
- Assist in identification and development of credit products and services
- Management and maintenance of existing customer relationships and development of new ones.
- Develop a customer management framework including customer insight driven marketing (through a value chain analysis)
- Ensure proper pricing and structuring of loans to ensure proper income generation.
- Responsible for developing deposit and lending relationships with customers
- Efficient management of risk capital
- A strong sense of purpose and responsibility
- Possess Leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good communicator
- Attention to detail and disciplined
- Exceptional ability to work independently and under pressure
- Possession of a high sense of integrity
- Self-driven, results oriented and a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
- Open minded, a progressive thinker, a listener and an individual who is comfortable with participation from fellow employees
- Effective people management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Undertaking strategic analysis and assisting with strategic planning
- Assist to produce short to medium as well as long-term business plans
- Undertaking research into products, pricing, promotions competitors and factors affecting performance
- Managing budgets: Balance Sheet and P&L
- Excellent Risk assessment skills
- Excellent selling skill / Customer Service / Relationship Management capabilities
- Strong strategic orientation
- Good negotiation /presentation skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Commercial awareness, initiative and the ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge and understanding of Retail and public sector market
- Advance Credit Skills
- Initiative/Entrepreneurship/ taking ownership
- Analytical Skills/ Technical /Problem solving
- Excellent problem-solving
- Good products knowledge
- Interpersonal Skills
Key Performance Indicators
- Number and value of major deals brokered
- Market share
- Low cost of funds
- Customer retention
- Business volume growth rate: loans, deposits, fees
- Revenue growth
- Loan to deposit ration
- Low levels of NPL’s as defined by the bank
- Cost Management
- Must meet Retail loans processing within 52 hours
- Staff Retention
- Customer satisfaction levels
Minimum Qualification and Work Experience
- A good First Degree in any discipline.
- A post graduate degree in any financial discipline
- A recognized professional certification will be an added advantage
- In depth understanding of business and functions related to the department
- The candidate should have in-depth knowledge on analysis of Bank financials and other department functions in a bank.
- Should be able to analyze market conditions and identify opportunity for business
- Ability to think strategically and assist in the organization and management of multi-nationality team.
- Experience in balancing financial and business performance
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint)
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in a financial sector with at least 10 years’ experience in credit management
- Credit evaluation experience with complex credits and structuring are involved.
- Conversant with regulatory requirements in the industry.