Terms of Engagement: Contract
Reports to: Chief Accountant
- Records the firm's accounting activities in his/her area of operation and follows internal procedures and regulations in force.
- Receives and checks information and posts the corresponding entries in the accounts books. Also plays an important role in advising the organization on the effective and reliable means of processing accounting transactions.
Scope(Responsibilities & Related Activities)
- Records payments daily in accounts payable.
- Conducts proper lettering of accounts payable
- Edits balances and other accounting documents according to prescribed schedule.
- Classifies in numerical order bank and cash desk vouchers (payment slips)
- Records Cash Desk B vouchers (expenses)
- Records Bank B vouchers (expenses) and accounts payable
- Analyzes staff advance and loans account.
- Monitors staff advances.
- Analyzes accounts payable.
- Draws up summary table of payment to suppliers.
- Reconciles bottle deposit guarantee (BDG) subscription lists with the accounts ledger for the period.
- Checks monitoring of reconciliation of bottle deposits guarantee ( BDG ) in accounting, compared with GALA and similar software
- Bank Reconciliation
- To perform any other reasonable duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Minimum Educational Qualification: BSc. Business Administration (Accounting Option) with 1-3 years experience in a similar role OR HND in Accounting with 2-5 years experience in a similar role. Membership with a professional body will be an added advantage.
- Gender: Male/Female.
- Effective organisational skills
- Ability to form working relationships with people at all levels
- Professional qualification in ACCA or ICA will be an added advantage
- Interpersonal skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Numerical skills
- IT skills