A Reputable Company seeks the services of a Tours and Visits Specialist II (Full Time)
Job Title: Tours and Visits Specialist II (Full Time)
Job Location: National Office, Greater Accra
This role exists to provide Compassion visitors with an opportunity to experience the work of Compassion in the field through meeting sponsored children and students, visiting Compassion- assisted projects, and meeting Compassion field staff all of which provide visitors with exposure and learning opportunities that will educate them about Compassion's response to poverty, influence their cross-cultural perspective, and motivate them towards child advocacy. He or she plays a supporting role in shared accountability between Global Marketing & Engagement (GME), Global Program (GP) and Global Partner Alliance (GPA) to prioritize and plan successful tours and visits. This is done in coordination with the partnership team, facilitating church partners and others to plan logistics, book accommodations, arrange transportation, translators, gift purchase, and schedule activities and child/family home visits, while ensuring effective alignment to Compassion's child protection policy and expectations. Through shared accountability, trips will be well-executed and evaluated with specific budget parameters. At this career level, the incumbent generally facilitates tours and visits independently on moderately complex tours or as a team member on larger tours. He or she may coach other specialists.
The key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ's mandate to protect children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately support responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- Collaborates with marketing specialists to provide first-hand experience and exposure to Compassion's core ministry programs for vision trips, sponsors, and donors, ultimately to increase involvement and sponsorship of children.
- Collaborates with partnership team and church partners to plan tours and visits for vision trips, sponsors, and donors.
- Provides feedback to Partnership Facilitators and Training teams for Partnership capacity/skill-building to enhance the quality of tours and visits to the project.
- Selects and recruit translators to service tour groups as they interact with church partners, sponsored children, and other key stakeholders. Trains and arranges payment for these translators.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment to guard Compassion's interests as well as the life and property of participants as best as possible. Relies on external resources to help enable travel security in the area.
- Arrange logistics for marketing-related groups including booking accommodations, arranging in-country transportation, and purchasing visit gifts.
- Explains Compassion programs and trip outcomes, collaborating with stakeholders to ensure field exposure trip quality and effectiveness.
- May coach and provide expertise to other professionals and support staff in the tours discipline.
Other associated responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of the National Strategic objectives on Tours and Visits.
- Develop an annual tours and visits plan for the National Office.
- Manage the tours and visits dashboard and other official or recommended sites.
- Lead the establishment of tours and visits handbook for Compassion International Ghana( CIGH) and ensure its regular review.
- Establish a team of certified hosts.
- Develop strategies to attract sponsors to Ghana.
- Serve as a subject-matter expert (SME) on tours and visits for the Ghana National Office.
Qualification and Requirements
- Faith: Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Culture: Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "cultural behaviours" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in this or related field.
- Experience: Three years’ working in this or similar position or field.
- Work Environment: National Office
- Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to self-drive is desirable (must possess valid and clean driver’s license)
- Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 50% of the normal schedule (This category/travel percentage reflects the percentage of time away from home overnight).
- Display expanded conceptual knowledge in own job discipline and broadening of capabilities
- Demonstrate an understanding of key organizational drivers and how this can be used to accomplish one’s own work
- Ability to solve problems in straightforward situations and analyze possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) including explaining complex information to others in straightforward situations
- Strong planning skills
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Proven knowledge of national tourism regulations and tourist sites
- Ability to provide informal guidance to new team members
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be required of the job holder based upon business needs and at the request of Compassion International Management.
Qualified applicants should forward a copy of their current CV, cover letter and references to [email protected], (indicating the position applied for in the subject line) by the close of business on 30th September 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.