A Reputable Company seeks the services of a Technical Manager
Job Title: Technical Manager
Job Location: Kumasi, Ashanti Region
Reports To: General Manager
Produce specifications for, design, develop, manufacture and install new or modified mechanical components or systems Management, maintenance and repair of equipment/machine in line with approved safety, health and environment targets and legislations, rules and regulations
- Daily inspection and reporting on plant equipment.
- Troubleshooting of breakdowns and executing repairs on equipment including conveyors, screening equipment, baler and plant structures.
- Follow maintenance procedures as per standards.
- Installation, fabrication and modification of new and existing equipment.
- Demonstrate pro-activity and make recommendations for continual improvement.
- Ensure cleanliness of equipment and the working environment
- Planning, supervision and coordination of daily activities of technical and engineering staff in the preventative and breakdown maintenance of plant equipment with the aim of eliminating unplanned stops.
- Supporting and implementing standards and procedures for installation, operation, modification, inspection and documentation in respect of plant equipment and structures.
- Coordination of activities of electrical technicians in the day to day preventative and breakdown maintenance of plant equipment.
- Building staff capacity by identifying training needs of staff and recommending appropriate training.
- Periodic review of equipment spare parts in inventory and requesting additional stocks as appropriate.
- Advising management about plant capabilities, maintenance strategies, machinery procurement, as well as providing periodic updates on issues related to the plant equipment.
Qualification and Requirements
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Seven (7) years relevant working experience.
- Preferable age is 40 – 50 Years
- Good working knowledge/understanding of equipment operations and management.
- Good knowledge/understanding of scheduling and maintenance.
- Knowledge and understanding of legislative requirements relating to occupational health and safety.
- Good knowledge/understanding of waste management practices and its environmental impact.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to execute projects.
- Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel internet usage and other software and tools relating transport management and operations.