Department: Sales and Communications D0204
Reports to: Sales and Marketing Manager
- Working in conjunction with key local leaders and management to create and implement an integrated strategy to support our Distributors business needs, and to maximize opportunities for growth within the market. This will include:
- Establishing a clear Distributor and consumer communication plan and overseeing implementation.
- Dependent on growth of business, recommending potential Distributor promotions and ensuring that they fit within the global strategy. These must be cost effective and deliver Distributor excitement and momentum in addition to brand building.
- To interact with Distributors to identify future growth potential in order to understand the needs of the markets and daily methods of operation (DMO).
- Through close communication, understand the current strengths, needs and shortcomings of the Distributor base within the country as part of the process of formulating an integrated growth plan.
- Set agendas for local Distributor leadership (Strategy & Planning) meetings.
- Manage event and promotions budgets effectively. Ensure attendance targets at corporate run events and trainings hit targets
- Keep line management informed of any significant anomalies in the budgets and provide justifications as appropriate.
- Follow all documented corporate policies/procedures and execute on time.
- Be prepared to step in to day to day activities to ensure achievement of objectives as necessary and to be prepared to take on additional tasks as reasonably requested.
- Build strong, positive relationships with your support teams in the relevant functions. Ensure team-oriented co-work within the company.
- As the business grows, develop a team of direct reports to provide best support to the market and manage the team.
- Monitor team performance, identify and resolve issues.
- Ensure that all administrative activities essential to the running of the department are adhered to, including but not limited to records of: timekeeping; overtime; attendance; training; disciplinary action etc. by auditing and monitoring of direct report activities.
- Sets goals and standards for the department teams, once previous objectives are reached and obtained.
Qualification and Requirements
- 1 st Degree level
- Masters Degree in Marketing or Project management is an added advantage
- 4 years working experience in Sales Supervisory position (in a multinational environment ).Candidate must be able to demonstrate a clear sales drive and results in selling environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of organizing, budgeting large scale corporate events (up to 2,000 people), exhibitions, conferences and seminars, working with both internal and external vendors.
- Managing budgets; market analysis; analyzing sales figures, etc.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to develop strong relationships with others in order to meet objectives.
Essential Technical Skills
- Microsoft Office suite: Ms Word , Powerpoint ,advanced Excel
- Experience in any Business software like Sage, Oracle, SAP etc
- Event planning, activation and post event activities, follow ups, reporting
Essential Soft Skills
- Excellent Communication and Good interpersonal Skills
- Ability to give excellent Customer Service while under pressure
- Flexible to work outside working hours
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver high standard work
- Attention to details
- Self Motivated and ability to motivate a team
- The office is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated
- Noise levels are considered low to moderate
- Annual Basic Salary banding between 54 000 – 58 000
- Transport Allowance
- Meal Allowance
- Provident fund
- Medical insurance
- Performance bonus