- Specifies number of servings to be made from any vegetable, meat, beverage, and dessert to control portion costs.
- Supervises non-cooking personnel, such as KITCHEN HELPER , to ensure cleanliness of kitchen and equipment.
- Supervises COOK and tastes, smells, and observes food to ensure conformance with recipes and appearance standards.
- Supervises workers engaged in inventory, storage, and distribution of foodstuffs and supplies.
- Purchases foodstuffs, kitchen supplies, and equipment, or requisitions them from PURCHASING AGENT.
- Hires and discharges employees.
- Trains new workers.
- Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
- May set prices to be charged for food items.
- May meet with professional staff, customers, or client group to resolve menu inconsistencies or to plan menus for special occasions.
- May assist dietitian to plan, change, test, and standardize recipes to increase number of servings prepared.
- An NVTI certificate or a vocational skill in related field.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.