Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
To supervise and coordinate operation and maintenance of Mobile Crushing and Screening Plant to ensure that operational and production plans are achieved in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
- Manage adherence of maintenance to all HSLP, Environment and Social Responsibility requirements under Newmont’s Integrated Management System, Newmont vision and values.
- Assist in the implementation of auxiliary equipment and light vehicle maintenance plans to ensure maximum availability of auxiliary equipment and light vehicles at optimum cost.
- Through a road worthiness program, implement protocols to ensure that business partner delivery trucks meet standard requirements to access/operate on the mine
- Provide input into the preparation of maintenance operating cost forecasts, budgets and monthly
- Oversee the crushing and screening plant maintenance work and inspections conducted on goods delivery trucks.
- Provide hands-on assistance during operations and maintenance activities and ensure that safe work practices are followed.
- Conduct shift handover meetings.
- Provide technical support when major works are carried on mobile crushing and screening plants
- Oversee condition monitoring, PM based backlog collection and monitoring systems as well as quality improvement monitoring.
- Provide effective on-the-job training and coaching to ensure employees gain new skills and achieve their maximum potential.
- Manage and coordinate daily corrective actions.
Training & Experience
- Degree or HND in mechanical / electrical engineering or Engineering Technician III.
- MINCOM certification as Sectional Engineer
- Advanced knowledge of maintenance principles and standards for auxiliary equipment and light vehicles.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in mechanical / electrical maintenance or similar environment
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.