Job Title: Software Developer
Job Family: Software Development
Location: East Legon, Greater Accra
- Develop and create software application products, based on a pre-existing technical requirement.
- Install, de-install and configure the created by him/her software application products.
- Install, de-install and configure the standard software applications.
- Install, de-install and configure of software, required for the standard work of other software applications.
- Prepare the installation wizard (package) and documentation (installation manual and user manual) for the software products he created and to keep them in actual condition.
- Administrate, maintain and update software programs, created by him/her.
- Periodically review the condition of software programs and the accuracy of the database he/she developed and passed for exploitation.
- When required, administrate the applied products, used in the company.
- When required, substitute the remaining specialists in their core functions.
- When required, configure and install the operating systems, standard system and software applications as well as antivirus software on the computer system.
- When required, help computer users for the resolution of raised issues during the standard usage of the software application.
- Track and control the condition of the provided computer tech. and software products.
- Track the latest news in software development and development languages according the Company policy.
- Maintain the information data library regarding the state of the developed by him software products within the Company.
- Know the organization and the governing body in the company’s branches and subsidiaries.
- Know the principles for formation and movement of information flows in the management of the Company.
- Comply with the internal Company policies.
- Perform other duties distributed by the line manager or the Company’s management, regarding his work.
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
Qualification and Requirements
- Education: high/higher, specialty computer sciences, computer networks or similar.
- Professional experience: minimum of one year experience on an identical or similar position.
- Knowledge of foreign languages: fluency in English.
- Analytical and creative thinking,
- Teamwork capabilities,
- Communication skills,
Key Accountabilities For The Position
- The quality of the completed work.
- The compliance with his professional duties and professional ethics.
- The preservation of commercial and manufacturing secret.
- The technical state of the company property provided (computer, printer, scanner, etc.).
- The provided tasks, summary data or other documents.
- The proper functioning of the developed software products.
- Compliance with the established policies regarding workplace health and safety and the fire and emergency policies.
- Any damages caused by lack of compliance with timeframes.
Organizational and Reporting Lines
- Reports to – Development Team Lead.
- Direct reports – none.