- Plan, organize, coordinate and manage all aspect of company’s’ day to day shipping activities and ensure all shipments are delivered wholly and in a timely manner
- Direct and manage the flow of packages from preparation to shipment
- Manage all important shipping documents such as shipping notes, bookings, bill of ladings and other relevant documents
- Build and maintain relationship with carriers and consistently ensure all customer shipping issues are resolved
- Prepare and submit operational reports to management on a regular basis ie weekly, monthly, quarterly
- Get estimates of associated costs / timing of shipments and recommend appropriate shipping alternatives to customers
- Support the day to day exports and custom clearance operations at the Tema office
- Control and manage the company’s relationship with partnership networks and market the company’s capabilities to network members for cargo coming into and going out of Ghana.
- Proactively identify and resolve all shipping related issues
- Manage contracts and service level agreements with all service providers
- Ensure compliance to legal regulations and company policies
- Other duties that may be assigned
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are highly required
- Excellent organizational and coordinating abilities
- Must be someone that is able to multitask and carry out his/her duties based on priorities. The shipping manager must also be able to meet and/or beat deadlines
- Must be a person that pays attention to even the smallest of details when dealing with customers’ orders
- Problem-solving abilities on all fronts
- Minimum of 5 years proven previous experience in the role of a shipping manager or related role
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.