Job Title: Senior Systems Administrator
Job Location: Dansoman, Greater Accra.
Directly Reports to: General Manager, IT
Decision Level: Contributory, makes a major contribution to a decision or policy judgment reached by others.
- Install and configure software and hardware.
- Set up email accounts and work stations.
- Establish database management criteria including transaction logging, backups, restore and recover, and disaster recovery.
- Coordinate software upgrades with software vendors and team members as necessary.
- Monitor system device capacities and status.
- Coordinate and control system tuning and hardware tuning and hardware integration.
- Evaluate and manage service contracts for computer and/or voice systems, including recommendations for renewals and cancellations.
- Monitor all company servers and systems to ensure optimum performance according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
Communications & Reports:
- To provide reports on all the company's IT systems and equipment to General Manager, IT
- To comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations not only of the company but also of those affected by the parent company
- Any other additional responsibility or task assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- A minimum of a first degree in Computer Science or a related field
- At least 2 years relevant working experience in Systems Administration
- Excellent Knowledge in Database Management
- Must pay attention to detail
- Must be resourceful and have a high problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to work with large variety of clients
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Must be able to handle criticism
- Must be able to work long hours and occasionally weekends
- Must be innovative
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.