Report to the Manager: Tailings.
Report to the Lead Engineer: Mining.
- Are you passionate about Tailings
- Are you looking to work for a company that hires the best Tailings experts
- Are you in need of training and mentoring in Tailings
- Do you want to be part of a highly specialised engineering team
- Do you want to be associated with a talented and professional network
Our Mine Residue business sector has grown significantly despite the economic challenges in the engineering industry. Clients worldwide have reached out to us for support and management of their Tailings Storage Facilities. We are looking to expand our Tailings team at the senior and principal levels both in South Africa and Namibia. In addition to offering you challenging projects, sound mentorship and the ability to work with the best, our competitive salary packages with incentives and remote work options make with us great!
Senior / Principal Engineer Qualification/Requirement
- Degree in a civil or mining engineering subject, with preferably a higher degree and/or significant experience gained internationally.
- Professional registration with experience tailings.
- Previous experience of design, build and maintenance of Tailings Storage Facilities.
- Proven track record of bringing projects in on time, within budget and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Competent report and proposal writing skills
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and clients at one time, delivering design services on time and budget.
- Strong technical ability in tailings management, geotechnics, heap leaching and water management.
- Ability to carry out audits.
- Ability to manage people, technical teams and mentor junior staff.
- Strong communication and team building skills.
- Strong leadership and business development skills.
- Effective organisation and time management skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review, design, construction and remediation of tailings structures at all stages of the project, including pre-feasibility, feasibility, detailed design and construction stages.
- Undertaking due diligence reviews.
- Undertaking scoping and pre-feasibility studies.
- Design and supervision of waste facilities.
- Project management and co-ordination and business development
- Report and proposal writing.
Locations: Johannesburg (Rivonia) & Namibia (Windhoek)
NB: We will pay for relocation, and first months’ accommodation in the country.