Mine Planning (Regional)
- Lead the development of regional mine plans (as applicable),
- Ensure consistent application of mine planning standards and programs across the region,
- Provide and/or coordinate training and support to the individual sites in the roll out and use of the various standards, tools, and programs.
Mine Planning (Site Level)
- Lead the Quarry/Mining Team in the development and implementation of the mine plans/schedules. This includes ensuring revisions to the various mine plans are completed and updated on a timely basis;
- Coordinating the development and revision of the various Geological, As-built, QC and other deposit computer models;
- Tracking performance and compliance of the quarry/mine operations team to the published mine plans, documenting the conditions that lead to issues which will to be utilized in the next revision cycle;
Technical Design / Data Analysis:
- Able to gather, sort, and analyse various sources of information (mobile equipment, surveys, cost databases, and related) to determine specific production and performance information;
- Able to use this information to develop safe, technically competent, economically sound design documents, programs, cost models, and studies;
- As requested, compose project scope and conduct preliminary planning, prepare design documents, and cost models;
- Support the CAPEX process through technical and financial evaluations, as needed;
- Provide contractor vetting and selection;
- Function as needed in various project team roles
- Provide detailed technical engineering support for the sites. This includes tasks such as development of ventilation plans, escape and evacuation plans, ground support testing, development of required design and drawings, and other tasks as requested.
- Conduct or coordinate to ensure timely and accurate field surveying support is provided to the site.
- Coordinate and conduct routine technical inspections, audits, review meetings and work sessions at the various quarries and mines;
- Provide on-site support, technical expertise, or other assistance as requested by the sites or quarries to address or support technical issues;
- Perform Other Duties as needed
- Must be able to lead and work within a team organization relying predominately on influential / informal management methods;
- Possesses a high standard of integrity and able to the gain respect and confidence of employees on all levels of the organizations;
- Possesses superior intellect and creativity to grasp new concepts quickly;
- Demonstrates a strong technical and analytical competence and is detail oriented;
- Able to communicate effectively in both formal and informal settings;
- Can prioritize and manage competing tasks and deadlines and is able to respond with a strong sense of urgency in meeting customer needs;
- Must have the ability to work with minimal direct supervision and is capable of independent action within the range of the general instructions, policies, and standards;
- Focused on bottom-line business and results for both the long and short term, with a solid understanding of business and objectives
- Strong computer skills using various general and specialized technical software packages.
Physical Demands include, but are not limited to:
- Must be physically able to perform work assigned and capable of accessing all plant locations, which could include heights, confined spaces, climbing ladders or stairs, and accessing tunnels.
- Will be working in both an office environment and in a mining environment, which may include exposure to: temperature extremes, noise, uneven surfaces, vibration, oils, and atmospheric conditions such as dust, fumes, and metallic particles.
- May be required to periodically perform the following actions: Standing, walking, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing, and sitting.
- Will require periodic travel to each of the regional locations as needed
- Must have at least 5 years technical experience in mining or mine construction environment. Multiple location responsibility is a plus.
- B.S. Mine Engineering or similar track
Kindly send CV's to [email protected]
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.