Do you know your Kale from your Quinoa or the difference between a Flexitarian to a Regenerative Grazer? We are looking for top talent for an exciting new movement within the Food Industry.
Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv.
We are a global food company with 6 business units operating in 95 markets. We have the mind-set of a start-up. This makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products – from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
We take quality seriously and around the world we taste products every 30 seconds. We take our consumers seriously and more than 150 people will taste test each of our new innovations before they hit the shelves.
As the Senior Finance Business Partner, you will drive conversations with the business on performance (focusing on the future), develop plans and actions with the business to achieve strategy, use insights to impact business decisions and allocate Finance Business Partners to high value interventions.
- Drive the commercial agenda with regards to managing risks and opportunities, pricing and trade terms.
- Ensure optimization and effectiveness of trade, advertising and promotion investments + pre and post evaluation of trade and marketing activities.
- Help coordinate weekly distributor order planning to help achieve agreed top line targets.
- Support the development of financially robust strategic plans for the brand portfolio that will deliver the company objectives
- Provide Sales and Marketing Insights on financial performance
- Deliver timely and robust Financial Analysis for Sales, Marketing, Innovation and all other commercial projects.
- Develop corrective actions to close top line gaps to targets
- Make decisions around significant adjustments to carry into the financial forecast and support the development of the Annual Operating Plan, as well as the Business Strategy
Knowledge and Skills
- Qualified accountant (ICAN) or MBA or suitable university degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to challenge conventional thinking and to propose alternative solutions
- Strong engagement, presentation, and communication skills
- Strong team leadership, negotiation and influencing skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Highly self-motivated and results oriented.
- Solid Finance Business Partnering and Category / Customer experience, with at least 4 years in a Commercial finance role preferred.
- Experience with the identification of risks and opportunities in the P&L
- Experience in driving P&L performance improvements (e.g. closing gaps vs. target) and holding others accountable (particularly peers and senior leadership)
- Proven track record of influencing at senior management level & stakeholders management.
- Demonstrated competency at growing and developing people / teams
- Experience in financial analysis and modelling techniques, practically applied within a commercial FMCG environment.
- Track record of success in highly demanding and dynamic environment.
- In-market knowledge – understands and relates to sales and marketing terminology and key performance drivers.
Your Personal Power! :-
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.