· Support project start-up, maintenance, and closeout by administering contracts,
training and establishing project teams
· Support the development and presentation of internal and external reporting and ensure these outputs are fit for purpose.
· Identify, build and maintain relationships with partners and consultants that can provide technical expertise to managed projects.
· Interface with clients and other project stakeholders to plan, implement, review, and report on projects as needed and requested.
Provide support to
project work planning, budgeting, and progress/financial reporting.
Provide technical support and quality assurance to projects as required.
Manage partner organizations (such as subcontractors) on the contractually compliant delivery of agreed inputs and achievement of agreed outputs and outcomes.
· Devise strategies to meet targets and to encourage best practice
· Devise the best tools and systems to monitor performance and to implement strategies
· Ensure compliance with environmental legislation
· Assess, analyse and collate environmental performance data and reporting information to internal staff, clients and regulatory bodies
· Confirm that materials, ingredients and so on are ethically or environmentally sourced
· Manage environmental strategy budget
· Liaise with internal staff including senior managers and directors
· Act as a champion or cheerleader for environmental issues within your organisation
· Provide environmental training to staff at all levels
· Write plans and reports
· Keep up to date with relevant changes in environmental legislation and initiatives including international legislation where applicable
· Produce educational or information resources for internal staff, clients or the general public
· Liaise with regulatory bodies
* Write and contribute to technical proposals in the Climate, Environment and Natural Resources sectors based on best practices and specific country and client contexts.
* Manage the identification, assessment, and pursuit of new business opportunities, contributing to the analysis of our prospects for winning opportunities.
* Identify opportunities, develop marketing strategies and lead business growth with existing and new clients in both established and growing markets.
* Support creation and improvement of business development reporting, management, and tracking systems
* Master’s degree in International development, Environmental Science, Environmental
Communication, Environmental Resources Management, Spatial Planning or related
- Specialisation in environment-related topics would be an advantage.
* Project management qualification would be an advantage
* Relevant work experience in Disaster Risk Reduction, Management, Natural Resource Management / Forestry
/ Environmental projects and relevant technical knowledge is in the fields of GIS, forests and land use, climate change - biodiversity and REDD+ experience would be an advantage.
* Client project management with government clients, and/or business development experience that includes management of one or more projects.
* 5 year Relevant work experience. Experience supporting clients as part of a consulting team (minimum of 5 years).
* Preferred: Monitoring, Evaluating, Learning and Communications experience.
* Strong project management and organisational skills.
* Up to date understanding of donor client procurement processes
* Demonstrated leadership, initiative, flexibility, and work ethic.
* Ability to think strategically, understand the big picture, prioritise well, and work independently.
* Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
* Other language skills and I can do attitude will be an advantage.
A genuine interest in and understanding of environmental issues, relevant legislation and renewable energy sources
Excellent communication and influencing skills
The ability to take the lead on projects
The ability to inspire others
Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work
Good organisation and time management
Commercial awareness: the ability to work within commercial constraints