A Reputable Company seeks the services of a Senior Accounting Associate
Job Title: Senior Accounting Associate
Job Location: National Office, Greater Accra
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christlike attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Provides highly skilled support to the accounting team, reviewing transactions, reconciling accounts, completing journal entries, maintaining documentation.
- Researches and resolves complex issues such as outstanding payments, and accounts payables discrepancies. Responds directly to internal clients such as employees and leadership regarding finance and accounting issues.
- Performs highly skilled bookkeeping duties involving complex calculations for reports and analysis, and performs and documents GAAP research, providing analysis, and responds to inquiries, as well as assuring compliance to GAAP, organizational policy, and other national and local regulatory requirements. Ensures that significant contracts are properly executed for building leases and in other obligations.
- As the subject matter expert, administers and provides training content for the expense management system.
- Oversees disbursement and/or reconciliation of petty cash, accounts payable, reimbursements, and similar issues, ensuring that proper documentation is received and is in compliance with policy.
- Provides highly skilled accounting services to various finance and accounting teams performing duties such as overseeing and maintaining daily cash spreadsheet and expense report processing.
- Leads or participates in project accounting and financial decision-making related to projects, ensuring consistency with budgeted expenditures and allocations throughout the project life cycle. Reviews forecast-to-complete and other project progress projections for management reporting and consults with project leadership regarding regular project cost reports such as variance and cash flow.
- Review the financial reports for over 340 Frontline Church Partners, identify errors and use judgment to determine the level of sharing and extent of communication
- Provides coaching and technical advice to other staff and client groups. Essential job functional competencies:
- Exhibit an understanding of accounting concepts, conventions and reports
- Demonstrate knowledge of how related teams coordinate their efforts and resources to achieve objectives including lateral connections with Partnership Facilitators
- Ability to gather, analyse and interpret data to identify and solve complex problems that arise with little or no precedent
- Ability to prepare, share reports and use judgment in arriving at decisions • Display capability to bring innovation and improvements to existing processes and solutions to improve the efficiency of the team
- Demonstrate skill in the evaluation and communication of unusual and/or complex content in a clear manner
- Excellent relationship-building skills
Qualification and Requirements
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field
- At least 3 years work experience
Kindly send CVs to: [email protected]