A Reputable Company seeks the services of a SECURITY SPECIALIST III (2 positions - one each for West and East Africa)
Job Title: SECURITY SPECIALIST III (2 positions - one each for West and East Africa)
Job Family: Health Safety Environmental
Job Sub-Family Security
Job Level: P3
Job Grade: 7
Job location: One of the Compassion countries in West Africa (Burkina Faso, Ghana, Togo) and East Africa (Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda) with a possibility for relocation to Burkina Faso for West Africa
This career specialist plays a key role in carrying out all physical security aspects of Compassion's regional sites, protecting assets and staff as well as tenants and their assets. The specialist further participates in international security program planning and plays a key role in developing and implementing the corporate-wide security program and developing protocols that ensure regulatory compliance. This includes but is not limited to managing security functions in the assigned region, overseeing and recommending physical security measures for offices and staff, supporting and advising on travel to and within the region. At this career level, the incumbent generally conducts security projects independently or participates as a team member for major, complex, or international security initiatives in a manner that is consistent with Compassion’s overall Global Security Program. He or she may coach and oversee the work of other specialists.
Essential job responsibilities
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ's mandate to protect children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- Proactively monitor and assesses security threats to Compassion’s work within the region. Designs security protocols such as active shooter response, building evacuation, expatriate traveler evacuation plans, surveillance and other security / safety compliance programs. Monitors building use during business hours, after hours, weekends, holidays, and during special events. Ensures compliance with liability and legal and risk issues. Studies physical conditions, observes activities, and confers with the staff of organization to obtain data regarding internal operations.
- Leads and assists in developing security practices for the organization; identifies potential or existing security risks to the organization; researches and manages deployment of appropriate state of the art technology solutions and innovative security management techniques to safeguard staff and ministry assets, such as security systems, alarms, locks, perimeter walls and gates and badge systems. Conducts safety and security inspections in the field for Compassion facilities and FCPs and implements security and safety practices and training.
- Serves as a leader in the response to emergency situations involving accidents, injury, hazardous materials, or fire and smoke incidents; prepares reports of findings and submits recommendations. Oversees the security guard program in assigned region to assess effectiveness and best practices. Supports and advises safety and security for visitors to the region. Analyzes accident and incident reports for trends; makes recommendations for correcting unsecure or unsafe conditions and actions. Evaluates individual risk issues and conducts employee consultations when such issues arise.
- Integrates with the various departments to ensure that needs are being met appropriately and security is upheld for all employees, contractors, visitors, tour guests, volunteers, vendors, and all who contact and are visiting Compassion facilities. Supports the International Security Team with high level advice and consulting on global security issues.
- Leads the development and implementation of programs to welcome guests, to protect employees, to protect organizational information, and to protect the organization's / employee’s property from theft, damage, violence, and situations that endanger the well-being of the organization, facilities.
- Accurately serves as a resource for guests and employees concerning ministry operations and functions. Directs inquiries through general knowledge of all departmental functions/structures, including church partners. Maintains knowledge of organizational ideology, philosophy, manuals, and security regulations.
- Helps to ensure compliance and reports criminal information to authorities (as needed), works with law enforcement in the investigation of crimes against the organization, and testifies in court as necessary. Investigates security-related incidents involving staff and others having a relationship to Compassion’s work. Practices discretion and upholds confidentiality at all times.
- May coach and provide expertise to other security specialists and officers in the security discipline. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own job discipline and basic knowledge of related job disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate the brand in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves moderately complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships
- Strong networking skills
- Excellent knowledge of French – written, spoken and listening for West Africa candidates
Qualification and Requirement
- Bachelor's Degree in Security Management, Environmental Safety, military sciences or related discipline
- Experience working in security, law enforcement, military, peace keeping missions or similar position.
- Able to write reports and devise a security management plan
- Physical Demands: Must be able to lift or move 20kg
- Work environment :Office based
- Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 60% of normal schedule
Mode of application:
Interested candidates should submit their applications on or before 27th September 2019 through the application link below:
Note: In your application please specify whether you are applying for East or West