- Developing plans for student care based on assessment, interventions, and identification of outcomes, and the evaluation of care
- Serving as consultants with other school professionals, such as food service personnel, physical education teachers, coaches, and counselors
- Providing health-related education to students and staff in both individual and group settings
- Monitoring immunizations, managing communicable diseases, and assessing the school environment as to prevent injury and ensure safety
- Overseeing infection control measures
- Actively participating in school safety plans that address school violence, bullying, and emergencies that may occur at school
- Overseeing medication administration, health care procedures, and the development of healthcare plans
- Overseeing vision, hearing, body mass index, and mental health screening procedures
- Making decisions related to the delegation of healthcare tasks as directed by state laws and professional practice guidance
- Providing health advice to school educational teams, such as the Committee on Special Education and the Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) team
- Assisting families with locating outside care and obtaining health insurance
- Must have a Diploma / Degree in Nursing from a recognized institution
- Must have at least three (3) years’ experience
Qualified applicants should call at the school between 9.00am and 12.00 noon for application forms.
They must bring along a written application together with copies of relevant certificates and a CV.
Telephone Numbers: 0302-222962 / 0243690124