Job Title: School Administrator
Job Location: Tema, Greater Accra
The post holder will be required to exercise her/his professional skills and judgment to carry out, in a collaborative manner, the professional duties set out below:
- Organize and maintain an efficient and effective office that handles a variety of tasks for the administration, staff, students and parents of the school.
- Register new students, secure appropriate student records, maintain confidential student records and transfer records for students moving to other schools.
- Handle correspondence between parents and the school through various channels including email, newsletters and memos.
- Maintain attendance data for each staff member, recording attendance, absences, substitutes and other required information.
- Maintain a current school calendar of events and use of facilities.
- Maintain efficient and well-organized electronic and paper data collection and filing systems, including student files.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Maintain inventories of books, materials, kitchen inventory and equipment of the school.
- Create and maintain a clean, attractive, orderly, safe and efficient office environment.
- Recommend to the Head of School improvements needed in office procedures or operations.
- Protect confidentiality of records and information about students and staff, and use discretion when sharing information within legal confines.
- Manage all kitchen and cleaning staff to ensure operational efficiency.
- Lead procurement of school equipment and supplies,
- Oversee the purchase of kitchen food and stock in collaboration with the Head Chef
- Manage school vendor relations, including relations with textbook suppliers, uniform suppliers, etc.
- Hold regular team meetings with the Head of School and the Proprietors to address any issues arising and to bring these to an acceptable conclusion wherever possible.
- Research and gather information for the Head of School as required, using all systems available
- Co-ordinate the School Management Team
HR and Safeguarding
- Recruit for open positions and perform the full life cycle of recruiting activities including sourcing and screening applicants, drafting offer letters, providing follow-through with candidates and etc.
- Communicate school policies and procedures. Promote understanding within the school and across the school operations.
- Ensure that key benefits and payroll information is appropriately disseminated to staff.
- Lead employee recreation and recognition programs
- Maintain employee records
- Responsible for new hire, termination, and change of status forms with payroll.
- Serve as employee liaison to assist in problem resolution with issues related to benefit deductions and pay.
- Ensure compliance with applicable employment laws and regulations
- Ensure that HR transactions are processed in a timely and accurate manner with attention to data integrity.
- Administer HR related documentation, such as appointment letters and contracts of employment, appraisal, grievance and disciplinary procedures etc
Event Planning and
- Schedule and organize school wide activities/events and celebrations
- Safeguarding – oversee entry/exit procedures to/from the school for all staff, pupils, parents, carers and visitors.
- Assist the school staff in the organization of events such as camps, sports days, parents’ evenings, productions etc. and to organize associated administration.
- Oversee the maintenance of the school premises and facilities
- Reconcile the school fund and monies banked.
- Administer petty cash according to established procedures; reconcile monthly.
- Place orders and invoicing on the school’s finance system.
- Set up new employees on the school’s payroll system.
- Work with the Accountant and Proprietors on any Finance issues, as required
- Keep track of monies owed to vendors and ensure payment in a timely manner.
- Lead negotiations with vendors to ensure best price and value for money
- Safeguard and maintain stationery stock levels for the office, classrooms and for some other areas of the school such as the computer lab.
- Oversee monthly inventory checks for classroom and kitchen items • Reconcile purchase orders for kitchen food stock and school supplies against items delivered at the school
Qualification and Requirements
- Degree in Business Administration
- 3 to 4 years work experience