Job Title: Sales Manager (Commercial Printing)
Location: Accra, Greater Accra
- Develops the sales and marketing strategy and plans, policies and processes for the department with input from the General Manager and ensures their effective implementation.
- Aligns sales targets with the strategic business plan and annual budget.
- Responsible for implementing strategic initiatives related to the area of specialty to support achieving Juno’s strategic goals and objectives, and measures and reports on KPIs (incl. achievement of sales targets).
- Networks with and develop strong working relationships with existing and potential client base, including high level government authorities/dignitaries of Central Banks.
- Supports General Manager in various client relationship building events/meetings
- Negotiates variations in price, delivery and specifications with customers and communicates those internally to the functions
- Ensures proposal submission according to client specifications and industry standards.
- Confers with clients to coordinate logistics and delivery timelines and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
- Answers/ reroutes all client queries, gathers market and client information, researches and analyses sales options.
- Reviews sales performance to ensure whether the team is meeting or exceeding targets.
- Acts and behaves in a way that is compliant with company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to Environment, Health and Safety, ethics and codes of conduct.
- Receives RFQs from clients and forwards them to concerned departments.
- Coordinates proposal preparation with Quality Management, Security, Production and Engineering.
- Ensures appropriate workflow management between staff through appropriate delegation of work.
- Monitors the performance of team on an on-going basis, conduct performance reviews against agreed goals and ensure effective staff development.
- Identifies training and developmental priorities for the department to ensure that all employees possess the requisite skills and knowledge to successfully perform their roles and responsibilities.
- Coaches and mentor employees as appropriate to improve individual performance and develop a motivated and high performance team.
Qualification and Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing and Sales or equivalent
- MBA or Masters is an Advantage
- Minimum 10-20 years of experience in a Sales/Commercial role, of which at least 5 years are in a similar role in a commercial printing facility
- Strong commercial acumen
- Good understanding of the currency printing landscape and other external/open markets
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Extremely high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills such as leadership, communication, persuasion, motivation, loyalty, and openness
- Advanced presentation and reporting
- Strong negotiation skills