Designation: Risk and Compliance Manager reporting to the Chief Executive Officer
Branch: Head Office
Start date: 9th January, 2020
Expiry date for internal applications: 24th December, 2019 (Close of business)
• Responsible for advising the Board and Senior Management on the control and measurement of risks, develop and implement best practices in the management of risks.
• Responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring regulatory and legislative changes and practices of applicable regulatory authorities, legislation and industry best practices and policies.
• Responsible for making recommendations to the Board and Senior Management on the type and level of exposures in each activity segment permitted by policy;
• Responsible for advising and providing recommendations to the Boards and Senior Management on Enterprise Risk Management, awareness and framework design, implementation, monitoring and providing specialized risk management advice to a rapidly growing enterprise and it different divisions including Audit, Tax & Accounting and other advisory services within the risk appetite and tolerance limits
• Responsible for regulating, reviewing control procedures and reporting on matters relating to exposures management and reporting deviations from set limits and exception to policy
to the Board and Senior Management for their appropriate actions.
• Responsible for performing monthly stress-tests on risk portfolios and at least on a quarterly basis, review and approve the appropriateness of the stresses applied at the business levels and report on an annual basis to the Board and Bank of Ghana.
• Responsible for incorporating the results of the stress-tests (which will inform management of the expected risk tendency of the portfolio as against the approved risk appetite of the institution) into the risk governance structure of the institution.
• Responsible for initiating management action to contain potential risk levels within the approved risk appetite to ensure discipline in the risk management process of the institution.
• Responsible for performing stress tests, semi-annual reverse stress-testing to examine the
impact of selected scenarios from a ‘bottom up’ perspective.
• Responsible for advising the institution on the requirements of the law and other regulatory and ethical demands in respect of customer relations and AML / CTF – overall responsibility in line
with international policies and procedure for countering financial crime, including money laundering, fraud, sanctions, politically exposed persons, anti-bribery and corruption-related compliance.
• Responsible for reducing the likelihood of violations of the laws and regulations;
• Responsible for reducing the exposure of the institution and its management to claims, including those pertaining to the obligation to exercise caution.
• Responsible for preventing any breach of confidence by officeholders to prevent financial losses to the institution.
• Responsible for the management of all company policies and procedures and ensure reviews of these polices are done in a timely manner.
• Responsible for any other task that will be assigned by the supervisor.
• Responsible for reviewing significant business initiatives (new businesses, products, marketing, campaigns and projects) and ensure that material risk and compliance issues are identified and addressed timeously – preventing audit findings.
• Responsible for developing strategies which adapt to regulatory changes arising from business diversification, new products or legislative changes and designing and implementing business
processes to meet risk, compliance and regulatory requirements.
Educational Qualifications and Experience
• A Bachelors’ Degree or HND in risk management, law, economics, finance, accounting or its equivalent in any field. A master’s degree in a related field would be advantageous.
• 3-5 years managerial level experience handling a risk and compliance function in a financial institution.
Skills / Attribute
• Problem-solving and decision-making abilities .
• Analytical skills and a good eye for detail.
• Planning and organizational skills.
• Negotiation skills and ability.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Numerical skills and the ability to evaluate costs.
• Ability to understand broad business issues.
• Skill for risk mitigation simulation.
• Ability to benchmark and analyse various business risks.
• Strong analytical background and a problem solver.
• Ability to make decisions fast and establish rules on risk management.
Any interested applicants should forward their CV to [email protected] Shortlisted applicants will be notified by email.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.