The successful candidate must be a team player with a drive for results and able to:
- Build the Risk & Compliance function within a start-up environment.
- Provide support in the identification and measurement of compliance risks within the business and promote a compliance culture through awareness activities.
- Participate in the product initiation process to ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements.
- Monitor the implementation and compliance with local regulatory examination recommendations and provide timely reports on progress achieved in respect of regulatory initiatives.
- Identify business impact of new regulatory requirements and escalate upwards as necessary.
- Provide clear, accurate, and timely responses to business, for advice on regulatory requirements thereby providing a superior service which protects and enhances reputation of compliance function.
- Advise appropriately on compliance issues and deal with issues/breaches identified.
- Maintain a formal record of minutes of all meetings held with the regulator and monitor commitments arising therefrom and communicate same to stakeholders.
Qualification and Required Experience
- Three years financial services industry experience.
- Detailed knowledge of financial services industry rules and regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent business experience. Formal qualification such as ACIB, ACCA, CIA or a business or risk related degree / qualification.