Our core programmatic areas can be summarized as follows;
1. Health care- we work in close collaboration with the health professionals to provide health education and support services in the areas of reproductive and child health, HIV and other STIs prevention, care and support for PLHIV, identification and support services for tuberculosis patients, malaria prevention, sanitation & hygiene in the communities.
2. Governance and human rights- Our focus here is working with other CSOs and local authorities to ensure that the rights of citizens are respected, protected and fulfilled. We advocate for citizen participation in local governance with key interest of promoting the rights of women, youth and other vulnerable groups in society. We influence policies at the local level through the medium term development plans of District Assemblies and also engage with national authorities on key policy issues in Ghana.
3. Protecting the environment & natural resource management- under this program area, our main objective is to ensure that communities keep their environment safe and manage their natural resources well so that they are able to take advantage of these to improve their livelihoods. We work with environmental and agricultural development professionals to facilitate economic opportunities for small holder farmers and impoverished communities.
4. Quality education- we support teaching and learning in basic schools. We support education institutions with teaching and learning, materials like library facilities, ICT laboratories. We institute quiz and essay competitions in schools with award systems all geared towards improving reading and writing skills of young people.
Job purpose: To support effective functioning of the resource mobilization team
Context of the role
- The aim of this role is to support the organisation to develop and implement varied resource mobilization strategies. The position involves developing grant proposals, identifying and exploring alternative income sources, organizing fundraising events, organizing and attending strategic engagements geared towards raising funds for the organisation.
- Socioserve-Ghana is in the process of developing a fundraising strategy as a result of our partnership with the West Africa Civil Society Institute (www.wacsi.org) and we are ready to grow this strategy, as well as develop new initiatives to take our unrestricted fundraising to the next level.
- This internship presents a unique opportunity to learn about the work we do and gain exposure to the whole resource mobilisation team. This will serve as an excellent introduction if you’re keen to get into the sector. You will develop strong resource mobilisation skills through interaction with colleagues, partners, donors and supporters. You will also have the opportunity to participate in fundraising training.
- The following outline provides a view of the scope of the work, within which strategies and priorities will be agreed.
- Write speeches, press releases, or other promotional materials to increase awareness of the causes, missions, or goals of Socioserve seeking funds
- Direct or coordinate web-based fundraising activities, such as online auctions or donation Web sites
- Attend community events, meetings, or conferences to promote organizational goals or solicit donations or sponsorships
- Develop fundraising activity plans that maximize participation or contributions and minimize costs
- Work alongside the fundraising and communications teams to identify and schedule content for social media across all our platforms, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Manage own workload and set objectives and deadlines for resource mobilization
- Undertake all other reasonable activity requested by the organisation towards raising funds.
Qualification and Requirements
- A successful track record that demonstrates outstanding qualities in the key areas
- Fundraising experience is an advantage, though not a requirement
- Knowledge or experience of fundraising across multiple channels
- Understanding of the importance of raising our profile with new audiences
- Engaging, creative and effective communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think logically and solve problems
- Excellent attention to detail
- A successful track record of working to and meeting targets
- IT literate with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- A warm, friendly and empathetic colleague
- Valuable and positive cross-organizational team player who supports and motivates colleagues
- Able to work well both individually and as part of a team
- Enthusiasm and flexibility to take on new tasks
- Willingness to take responsibility and initiative
- Excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills, with the ability to find ways of getting things done cross-organizational
- Able to work fast, contributing to a friendly, inclusive and supportive environment of energy, enthusiasm and collective success
- Well organized and reliable, with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.