We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
• Responsible as the primary coverage and origination point for the China Corporates portfolio of subsidiaries clients in West Africa;
• Responsible for working with the Global Account Manager (GAM) , China Corridor Teams and Various Global Subsidiaries teams in West Africa to deliver the SCB network to China Corporates clients;
• Accountable for revenues, profitability and risk acceptance (AML, CDD and Credit etc) of the China Corporates clients;
• Responsible for executing field account plans of the China Corporates Clients, establishing and maintaining and understanding of the client and their needs and steering the client relationship along with the relevant teams mentioned above;
• Work collaboratively with the above relationship teams and product partners to provide well- designed solutions that meet China Corporates client needs;
• Acts as a champion of the Banks brand, culture, and conduct standards.
• Active engagement and high level (‘c’ suite) contacts with senior executives within clients
• Maintain a strong working relationship with Credit, Legal and Compliance and other key stakeholders
• Lead the development and implementation of the client strategy for the designated portfolio as identified through the Account Planning process
• Accountability for delivering financial performance objectives (revenues, costs, RoRWA, etc)
• Accountability for all other objectives for the management and development of client relationships, specifically compliance (AML, CDD) and credit risk.
• Actively originate new business and grow the franchise by capitalising on bank competitive attributes (eg Network, Transaction Banking etc), whilst selectively developing new relationships where required.
• Engage senior management and decision makers of key clients to improve the quality of dialogue with clients, promoting a move away from ‘transactional’ reactive client coverage to consistent value-added partner/trusted advisor status. Anticipate clients’ needs and provide strategic advice, bringing in the relevant product and industry partners as appropriate.
• Maximise the profitable revenue to the Bank whilst maintaining focus on client outcomes, strengthening and deepening existing relationships both at the most senior level as well as at the operating level in the clients in the designated portfolio.
• Professionally represent Standard Chartered within region and internationally.
• Bring strategic thought to how the corporate landscape regionally/globally is changing and where areas of international growth lie.
• Ensure that industry and product knowledge is continually developed.
• Stay abreast and anticipate the developments of the Industries in which our clients operate
• Take the initiative regarding regulatory, reputational and ethical matters, taking the initiative for providing proactive advice to clients as identified.
• Ensure that key regulatory risks and concerns are raised into the governance framework throughout the Corporate teams
Our Ideal Candidate
• University Degree or Professional Qualification in a relevant discipline
• Minimum of 10 years work experience, five (5) of which must be in Corporate Banking roles
• Fluent in writing, speaking and reading mandarin
• Understand of Chinese Corporates cultural and business activities.
• Proven track record of experience in dealing with multinational clients
• Strong interpersonal skills, capable of developing relationships with individuals from across different areas of the Bank
• Sound understanding of Financial Markets & Transaction Banking products, ability to influence product partners and help deliver structured solutions
• Flexibility to work across different transactions and situations globally, and change priorities at short notice
• Demonstrate strong work ethics
• Consistently demonstrate integrity
• Consistently exercise good judgment
• Demonstrate strong negotiation skills (with internal and external stakeholders)
• Responsive to requests from Senior Bankers
• Ability to manage data and support effective MIS
• Anticipate client needs and respond effectively