The African Talent Company seeks the services of a Projects Manager- Projects/Civil in Ghana
Job Title: Projects Manager- Projects/Civil
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that cover all project related areas such as scope management, time management, risk management, HSEQ management.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communication documents.
- Develop and manage a project budget that is approved by key stakeholders.
- Manage and control the project in line with project and budget plans developed.
- Execute a successful handover of project outputs into the relevant support area of the business.
- Ensure that all necessary documents are submitted for invoicing.
- Set and continuously manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders through the establishment and implementation of an effective communication strategy.
- Communicate project risks and issues to relevant stakeholders and escalate where appropriate in line with escalation process.
- Ensures strict adherence to HSEQ rules and regulations by all stakeholders.
- Provide project progress and forecast reports as directed by the relevant key stakeholders.
- Ensure ITP, PO, Job Card and all designs are approved by Client before execution.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders and ensure the execution of work is according to specifications.
- Solving problems of complex nature encountered during installation with coordination with Site supervisors, Electrical Supervisor, Riggers and Project Coordinator etc.
- Follow Project Coordinators up for progress of work and track project milestones and deliverables
- Visit all sites and ensure construction is executed according to plan, and Conduct Site Acceptance (RFI, PAT and FAT).
- Co-coordinating acquisition of statutory approvals including, Building Permit, Local and Municipal Authority Permits, Environmental Protection Agency Permits and Civil Aviation /Aeronautic Permits and carrying out property search at the lands and survey departments etc.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise correctional means of dealing with such crises.
- Take full responsibility of subcontractor issues with the company.
- Serve as interface between Project and Management
- Manage the coordinators and supervisors to ensure they perform their work effectively.
- Supervise all projects till they are completed to the client’s specification.
- Identifies training and development needs and provides the resources needed to develop team members.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures and the corporate Code of Conduct
- Any other duties that may be assigned
Qualification and Requirements
- A minimum of a degree is required
- At least 3 years work experience