A Reputable Company is seeking the services of a Project Engineer
Job Title: Project Engineer
Location: Accra, Greater Accra
Manage multiple Structural Projects, Tanks, Piping & Spraying works of different sizes. The role is primarily responsible for Tanks Fabrication, Piping and spraying work from initiating through execution to project closeout and ensuring works are completed on time, without budget and within scope to the delight of the client. This includes all activities and documentations required to support and ensure successful projects, submittals, change management, schedule maintenance, project meetings, management and issuance of all project management documents and reports etc.
- Develop comprehensive project/job plans (schematics) to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documents
- Review and sign off project drawings, and where necessary assist to produce the product drawings
- Coordinate internal resource and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Manage change to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure and track project performance using appropriate tools and techniques and produce project progress reports on timely basis.
- Plan and manage to minimize project risks.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risk.
- Establish and maintain relationship with third parties/vendors.
- Delegate project tasks to site engineers or supervisors based on individual’s strength, skills set and experience levels.
- Exercise duty of care by ensuring that, you are mindful of everything that you do to prevent jeopardizing your own safety or the safety of others.
- Comply with all HSSE rules and regulations laid down by the organization.
- Report potential incidents and near missed as communicated by the company annually.
- Assist in investigations when called upon to find solutions to problems and to prevent re-occurrences.
- Managing multiple project that are running concurrently.
- Applying own initiatives and individual knowledge in planning and executing to ensure project deliverables are met within the constraint of the cost and schedule.
- Flexible enough to accommodate changing customers/client needs and operational constraints.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualification and Requirements
- Degree in Engineering (Production Operation Preferable)
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in steel structure sector, with project coordination experience and
- Knowledge of technical terminology
- An understanding of fundamental business activities and procedures.
- Effective Oral and written communication skills
- Perform Quality Control duties in the absence of Quality Control Officers
- Project Management
- Mechanical, Piping & Spraying
- Construction Management
- Contract Management
- Software applications-AutoCAD, Revit & MS projects & procurement
- Environmental, Health and safety management
- Team Leadership