Marie Stopes International Ghana (MSIG) has vacancy for a driven. customer focused. strong convincing skills energetic individual with Outstanding business experience to occupy the Project coordinator position in the organisation. MSIG’s goal is to meet the needs of the undeserved and improve access to Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services. NISIG is part of Marie Stopes International’s global partnership, which operates in over 37 countries worldwide.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the day to day implementation of specific projects (VAD. GAC among others). The Project Coordinator will take active steps in liaising with GHS as partners and key stakeholders to ensure that all project milestones are achieved in accordance with the workplan and within the agreed time frame.
The VAD Project has a three step evolving model: Provision of quality FP services through M SIG outreach, building capacity of GHS service providers through the Capacity Building Model and ensuring service quality through Continuous Supportive Supervision (CSS) to achieve the desired Public Sector Strengthening (PSS) Objective.
The post is based in Accra and expected to travel to other regions in Ghana when needed. He /She reports to the Head of Donor Compliance and Delivery.
Length of contract: Two (2) years contract
• Provides monitoring oversight to all the project components and consistently work to ensures adequate community involvement in the project Nurture and sustain partnerships with relevant stakeholders particularly GHS
• Provide Valuable information to help with project strategy and implementation.
• Monitor and coordinate project schedules and implement transitions of teams in accordance with the project model.
• Keeps and manage records of project activities and regularly provide project updates to key stakeholders and promptly report any deviations.
• Compile relevant and accurate data on all activities for key project stakeholders
• Work with the Head of Donor Compliance and Delivery, and the Finance team to complete the project (s) Budget Verse Actuals (BVAs) on monthly basis
• Actively participate in the monthly programmes and finance meeting to provide explanations on variances, share areas of concerns and identified risks for the management of the project (s)
• Coordinating the effort of project stakeholders, implementers and key partners Of the project.
• Assist in facilitating community entry approaches in all communities through innovative partnerships
• Any other duties that may come up.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences/Development studies or any related field.
• Postgraduate qualification is desirable, Certificate in Project Management will be an advantage
• Other relevant professional qualifications
The candidate must have;
• Minimum Of Four (4) years of relevant post-graduation work experience and at least Three (3) years of work experience in a similar role.
• Excellent coordination skills and passionate about field work
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; able to write high quality reports
• Articulate and analytical with excellent attention to detail
• Computer literate (office package and search engines)
• Experience in working for and with NGOs (or multilateral or bilateral agencies such as the UN ; specific experience working with international NGOs
• Good interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels – government, donor and community
• Sympathetic to women and men seeking Family Planning and Reproductive Health services
• Must be pro-choice and passionate about maternal health
This is a local position. Interested Non-Ghanaians must therefore have the necessary legal per-units required to work in Ghana.