Switzerland’s Development Cooperation with Ghana focuses on:
- Economic and financial policy
- Urban infrastructure and utilities
- Private sector and entrepreneurship
- Sustainable trade
In addition, the Economic Section is also responsible for the Swiss business interests and the Swiss business community in Ghana. The Embassy is now seeking a qualified Programme and Trade Officer as Trade/Private Sector Development Specialist to join its Economic Section.
- Manage Switzerland’s portfolio and identify new activities with regard to private sector development, skills development, trade standards and value chain development.
- Take care of Swiss business interests and the Swiss business community in Ghana together with the Head of Cooperation/Economic Counsellor of the Embassy.
- Develop and maintain close contacts with government officials, private sector stakeholders, development partners and implementing agencies.
- Provide analysis on the aforementioned issues and contribute to policy dialogue, in particular the relevant sector working groups.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Business, Law or a related field.
- Minimum of 4 years working experience in the private or financial sector.
- Proven experience with development cooperation work.
- Excellent knowledge of Ghana’s economic, political and social context.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize.
- Ability to multitask in a busy environment and willingness to efficiently handle a substantial workload and to assume tasks outside the core sphere of responsibilities.
- Ability to negotiate with and persuade varying categories of stakeholders.
- Organized, proactive, ability to work autonomously, perseverant.
- Ability to work in a team, networking skills.
The Swiss Embassy Offers:
- Attractive working environment
- Remuneration commensurate to qualifications and experience
- Health insurance and pension fund scheme
Full applications require application letter, CV, testimonials for all previous jobs. All applications should be sent to [email protected] with the subject “Application-Trade/Private Sector Specialist” or to the address below.
The Economic Section
Embassy of Switzerland
Kanda Highway/Ridge Street.
P. O. Box 359 GPO
Expected starting date is February 1, 2020 or as agreed between the parties.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.