A Reputable Company seeks the services of a Program Trainer
Job Title: Program Trainer
Job Location: Kumasi Satellite Office
This entry-level trainer partners with program subject matter experts to support the partnership team by designing of effective learning processes, contextualizing content and delivering live learning events to meet the identified needs of the Frontline Church Partners (FCPs). Further, this incumbent may recommend and evaluate training vendors to provide, develop, and/or deliver training interventions. At this career level, the incumbent may still be learning and assisting with training activities and initiatives. The trainer assists with full learning cycle, including needs analysis, design & development, implementation and evaluation within the assigned areas in Ghana.
The key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Delivers content in skill-based training, schedules training facilities, logistics and transportation, for self and others, and prepares instructional materials. Assesses skills and knowledge of participants and prepares training reports to provide to supervisor. Receives instruction and guidance from senior specialists and generally follows established procedures.
- Assist with presenting learning solutions including areas such as child development, child protection, and health interventions. Combines platform delivery and a variety of facilitation skills to create meaningful and engaging group experiences. Participates in development and implementation activities, contextualize content and reinforce key learnings and assess effectiveness. Assesses and reports learner performance and training transfer.
- Uses dynamic learning environments to meet specific learning objectives, guiding participants, generally in small group settings, through structured learning and interaction, often adjusting style as necessary for culture and knowledge level.
- May assist in auditing and evaluating existing content, assesses needs and results, assists with development of new programs, modifies existing programs, or recommends changes as appropriate.
- Helps coordinate logistics for training events and delivers learning opportunities. May recommend and evaluate training and learning vendors to provide, develop, and/or deliver training for program employees or frontline church partners.
- Delivers globally and locally-developed content through understanding local context and ministry culture, training on different platforms/blended learning (i.e. local, remote, large group, instructive, facilitative, computer-based training).
- Helps ensure learning approach is contextualized with program staff to meet special learning needs of partners. Aids in ensuring relevancy and simplifying and transferring program concepts, providing insight of emerging learning and development strategies and best practices to enhance the success of assigned learning programs.
- May help facilitate non-training program events such as team-building, strategic planning, brainstorming, or other group sessions for partners and local program staff.
Qualification and Requirements
- Minimum required job qualifications and working conditions
- Faith: Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Education: Bachelor's degree in education or related field.
- Three years’ experience working in this or similar position or field.
- Work Environment: Standard office environment
- Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day• Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 70% of normal schedule (This category/travel percentage reflects the percentage of time away from home overnight).• Ability to self-drive is desirable (must possess valid and clean driver’s license)
- Other: May be required to travel to or work in non-standard environments in rural, semi-rural and underdeveloped locations
- Location: This job is available in our Kumasi Satellite Office. Successful candidates should already be stationed in Kumasi or be prepared to relocate at own expense.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
Must demonstrate the following abilities and skills:
- Analytical Skills
- Planning Skills
- Facilitation Skills
- Relationship Building Skills
- Coordination and collaboration skills
- Training Design and Evaluation Skills
- Content Development Skills
- IT Skills (including presentation skills)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be required of the job holder based upon business needs and at the request of Compassion International Management.
Qualified applicants should forward a copy of their current CV, cover letter and references to [email protected] by close of business on 30th September 2019. Applicants should indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.