Job Title: Program Support Specialist II- Livelihood
Location: Accra, Greater Accra (National Office)
The role of Program Support Specialist II – Livelihood will provide subject matter expertise regarding the implementation of holistic child development programs and interventions by providing leadership in the development, planning, and monitoring of the Food Security and Livelihoods initiatives. The Specialist will champion the efforts of designing, documenting, coordination of related activities. A key objective of the role will include the development of commercialization strategies that are context specific, supporting the Front line Church Partners (FCPs) to implement food security and livelihood activities, networking and collaboration.
Within their area(s) of expertise, the Program Support Specialist – Livelihood will:
- Work with key stakeholders, designing and developing various rural/urban commercialization strategies that promote food security and livelihoods among program beneficiaries.
- Promote the use of modern farming practice and techniques through organizing/facilitating training, advising caregivers, farm/site visits and demonstrations to transform targeted families from subsistence to commercial enterprises.
- Build capacity of youth and caregivers through training in entrepreneurial skills, financial literacy, market access and provision of relevant information and educative materials.
- Work with M&E team to develop and up-date monitoring and evaluation framework as necessary and to improve quality of reporting, clearly articulate progress and impact of projects.
- Collaborate with district and municipal authorities and identify strategic partnerships
- Ensure that programme strategy supports and demonstrates good practice in child participation and child protection.
- Support the expansion of innovative youth development programming such as transformative youth livelihoods, cash transfer/safety net group savings and loans and related approaches.
- Essential job functional competencies
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children
Qualification and Requirements
- Faith: Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Education: Bachelor's degree in social sciences, development studies or related field.
- Five years’ experience working in at least one of the following: in child sensitive programming;
- Cash-based interventions, value chain creation, agriculture and livestock value chain, small business
- Incubation, market analysis, mobile banking and finance.
- Work Environment: Standard office environment
- Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
- Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 70% of normal schedule (This category / travel percentage reflects the percentage of time away from home overnight).
- Ability to self-drive is desirable (must possess valid and clean driver’s license)