Job Title: PROGRAM SUPPORT SPECIALIST II – LITERACY (2-YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT)
Location: Accra, Greater Accra (National Office)
This intermediate specialist consults on, develops and implements holistic child development programs and interventions. The specialist generally provides highly competent knowledge in one or more holistic development sub specialties in this field and is helpful in others. At this career level, the incumbent supports the local program design, performing independently on moderately complex issues. He or she may coach other specialists.
- Supports overall holistic child development and provides ongoing subject matter expertise in individual areas of specialization.
- Aids partnership facilitators, learning staff, communications staff and managers by providing coaching and knowledge within area of specialty.
- Supports child development community learning and improvement among staff and other stakeholders.
- Regularly assesses changing need for and ability to deliver programming within area of expertise.
- Consolidates national and local data to identify common gaps and patterns.
- May develop strategy; maintains and supports the implementation of strategy within area of expertise.
- Provides advice in support of other strategy development with the country office as needed.
- Provides skilled program design support to other staff. Supports the ongoing development and implementation of local program design in alignment with the global objectives. May provide expertise to other field office professionals, support staff and FCP staff/volunteers to ensure that Frontline Church Partners are adequately informed and equipped to provide holistic development to caregivers, children and youth.
- May facilitate the identification of resource components (internal and external) for specific child development strategies and plans in support of partnership facilitator efforts with FCPs. May provide information to management and other decision-makers regarding allocation of appropriate resources. May provide input to and/or develop Interventions for funding within area of expertise.
- Designs, implements, and monitors specific holistic child development strategies and interventions. Serves partnership facilitators by providing capacity-building and child/youth/caregiver engagement activities in area of expertise.
- May contextualize portions of curriculum relevant to their expertise or other resources for child and youth development. Works with partnership facilitation by ensuring intervention records, reports, and other documentation are accurate, complete and delivered to appropriate stakeholders.
- Reviews data, reports and utilizes findings to support management and key stakeholders in improving program initiatives, interventions and child outcomes.
- May provide expertise to other program support staff in the field office.
- Serve as a SME to leadership in developing national intervention strategies;
- Support FCPs to conduct a baseline assessment on the proficiency level of their beneficiaries,
- Support selected FCPs to design literacy interventions and pilot,
- Use pilot findings to design and roll out trainings to the other FCPS,
- Build the capacity and coach FCPs to design and implement appropriate literacy interventions in alignment with national strategy,
- Support FCPs who are currently implementing literacy with the best industry practices,
- Support FCPs to report, monitor and evaluate their literacy interventions,
- Document best field practices,
- Develop and maintain networks for partnerships and strategic alliances and 10) Use programmatic data to improve intervention effectiveness.
Qualification and Requirements
- Faith: Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Education. Knowledge in early childhood development would be an advantage.
- Five years’ experience working in this or similar position or field.
- Work Environment: Standard office environment
- Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
- Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 70% of normal schedule (This category / travel percentage reflects the percentage of time away from home overnight).
- Ability to self-drive is desirable (must possess valid and clean driver’s license)
- Should be abreast with current educational policies in literacy and curriculum development
- Must promote learning and embrace diversity
- Must demonstrate the following abilities and skills:
- Language development (youth level)
- Analytical Skills
- Communication Skills
- Collaboration Skills
- Relationship building skills