Job Title: Program Support Specialist II - CIV
Job Location: Kumasi Satellite Office, Kumasi
This intermediate specialist consults on, develops and implements holistic child development programs and interventions. The specialist generally provides highly competent knowledge in one or more holistic development sub specialties in this field and is helpful in others. At this career level, the incumbent supports the local program design, performing independently on moderately complex issues. He or she may coach other specialists. The key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Supports overall holistic child development and provides ongoing subject matter expertise in individual areas of specialization. Aids partnership facilitators, learning staff, communications staff and managers by providing coaching and knowledge within area of specialty. Supports child development community learning and improvement among staff and other stakeholders.
- Regularly assesses changing need for and ability to deliver programming within area of expertise. Consolidates national and local data to identify common gaps and patterns. May develop strategy; maintains and supports the implementation of strategy within area of expertise. Provides advice in support of other strategy development with the country office as needed.
- Provides skilled program design support to other staff. Supports the ongoing development and implementation of local program design in alignment with the global objectives. May provide expertise to other field office professionals, support staff and FCP staff/volunteers to ensure that Front line Church Partners are adequately informed and equipped to provide holistic development to caregivers, children and youth.
- May facilitate the identification of resource components
(internal and external) for specific child development strategies and plans in
support of partnership facilitator efforts with FCPs. May provide information
to management and other decision-makers regarding allocation of appropriate
resources. May provide input to and/or develop Interventions for funding within
area of expertise.
- Designs, implements, and monitors specific holistic child development strategies and interventions. Serves partnership facilitators by providing capacity-building and child/youth/caregiver engagement activities in area of expertise. May contextualize portions of curriculum relevant to their expertise or other resources for child and youth development. Works with partnership facilitation by ensuring intervention records, reports, and other documentation are accurate, complete and delivered to appropriate stakeholders.
- Reviews data, reports and utilizes findings to support management and key stakeholders in improving program initiatives, interventions and child outcomes.
- May provide expertise to other program support staff in the field office.
- Serve as a SME to leadership in developing national intervention strategies;
- Collaboratively design / plan interventions aligned with the national strategy;
- Support implementation and reporting of interventions;
- Stay current with national policies, industry standards and best field practices;
- Develop and maintain networks for partnerships, strategic alliances and local resource mobilization; 6) use programmatic data to improve intervention effectiveness
Other competencies required
- Must demonstrate knowledge in WaSH industry practices and national sanitation policies and the role these play in reducing poverty.
- Ability to transfer knowledge and equip frontline church partners to implement WaSH interventions in their communities.
- Strong proposal writing and reviewing skills
- Analytical Skills
- Facilitation Skills
- Advance Computer literacy particularly in Excel
- Qualification and Requirements
- Faith: Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Education: Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline – a degree in Public Health will be an added advantage.
- Experience: Three to five years working in this or similar position or field especially working with communities in WaSH interventions across Ghana
- Work Environment: Standard office environment
- Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to
travel up to 70% of normal schedule (This category / travel percentage reflects
the percentage of time away from home overnight). • Ability to self-drive is
desirable (must possess valid and clean driver’s license)
- Location: This job is available in our Kumasi Satellite Office. Successful candidates should already be stationed in Kumasi or be prepared to relocate at own expense