Background of Organization:
Since inception, Literacy Bridge Ghana (LBG) has worked on several partnerships in the Upper West, Upper East, Northern and Western regions of Ghana to address poverty, transform lives and contribute towards achieving the MDGs/SDGs. The organization has offices in Wa, Jirapa and potentially in Tamale starting 2020. To date, LBG has collaborated with partners such as: UNICEF, MEDA, AGRA, Voluntary Services Overseas (VSO), World Cocoa Foundation, Winrock, CARE International, PRONet, PRUDA, TUTRIDEP and Savanna Signatures across several fields/sectors: health, education, climate change, nutrition, agriculture, livelihoods, savings and loans associations, WASH, protection and gender to empower vulnerable populations and groups towards improving their health, income and quality of life. Our solution to tackling poverty is the “Amplio Talking Book”, an innovative tool designed based on the believe that accessible knowledge for some of the world’s most vulnerable people can help transform lives. The Amplio Talking Book is an audio device that enables people with low literacy skills and without access to electricity or internet to receive essential information on any development issue. We are at a pivotal moment in our ten-year history. We have an incredible team of hard-working people who have successfully reached about 400,000 people with our Talking Book Program.
Overall purpose of this role:
LBG is looking for someone with program development and management experience within the NGO sector who can lead and inspire a small team to develop new business and deliver quality programs.
Summary of Position:
- Monthly gross salary: Between 6,000 to 7,500 GHC depending on experience
- Reporting to: Country Director
- Line manage: Program/Content Manager, Business Development Manager and
- Location: Wa/Tamale
- Duration: One (1) year with possibility of renewal based on performance
- Member of LBG senior management team
- Lead the program team to develop high quality concept notes and proposals including budgets for new opportunities (open calls and requests from potential partners that want to integrate the Talking Book program).
- With support from the Country Director, lead the development of a fundraising strategy for LBG and proactively pursue funding initiatives to sustain the organization
- Lead the preparation and submission of annual program procurement plans to the Finance and Admin Manager for harmonization into the organization procurement plans
- Oversee field level interviews with beneficiaries in the program communities to collect impact information and lead the preparation of high quality human interest stories
- Oversee the planning and preparation of LBG quarterly and annual operational plans including program implementation in line with proposals and donor requirements
- Oversee the development of M&E plans and systems as well as integration of key practices for delivery of quality programs
- Ensure a performance management system (e.g. OKRs) is in place to evaluate the performance of direct reports including bi-annual and annual appraisal of staff performance and make recommendations to the Country Director
- Develop capacity building plan for program staff and lead the roll out of capacity building initiatives including mentoring and coaching of staff
- With support from the Country Director, develop a quality management plan for implementation of LBG new strategic plan
- Oversee the implementation of LBG operational research activities
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Country Director
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Planning and Development Studies or any relevant field. Please Note: Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- 5-10 years’ program management experience in a similar role within the NGO context
- Strong proposal and concept note writing skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of project cycle management
- Experience in partnership development
- Self-starter, ability to work independently, think innovatively and strategically
- Ability to meet internal and external deadlines
- Strong budget planning and development skills
- Experience overseeing M&E activities
- Experience in applying results based management approaches
- Experience leading capacity building initiatives for direct reports
- Strong team building skills
- Strong documentation/report writing and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English language (spoken and written)
- Computer literate with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and power point
- Knowledge of the funding climate/opportunities in Ghana
- Willingness to embrace technology in delivery of development programs
Key behavioral competencies:
- Humility---prioritize what is best for our beneficiaries
- Relationship building---within and outside the organization
- Listening---good listener who appreciates deeper levels of thoughts
- Accountability---take responsibility for our actions
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] by 7 February, 2020.
As part of your application, kindly ensure you include a copy of any donor report you have personally prepared/drafted (report should not be more than 6 months old).
Please Note: The election process will involve a written test and 2 rounds of interview.
Attention: Employer will shortlist candidates on rolling basis.
WOMEN WHO MEET THE JOB SPECIFICATIONS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED