The Ideal Candidate:
- Supervise and ensure effective and efficient production processes.
- Responsible for the optimization of factory equipment and production process.
- Ensure production regulation standards are achieved in every production batch.
- Analyse factory production data and devise strategies for improving.
- Create production data reports and presentations for decision making.
- Planning and organizing production schedules
- Inventory management and materials handling.
- Lead Purchasing, shipping, and logistics processes
- Create and enforce quality control and improvement and create standard operating procedures.
- Organizing repair and routine maintenance for machinery and equipment
- Planning routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries together with the sales manager
- Booking-in deliveries and liaising with customers.
- Allocating and recording resources and movements on the transport and logistics planning system.
- Ensuring all partners in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
- Communicating effectively with the sales team and responding to their requirements.
- Booking sub-contractors and ensuring they deliver within agreed terms.
- Directing all transportation and logistics activities.
- Developing transport and logistics relationships.
- Monitoring transport costs.
- Ensure shipping and delivery documents i.e. waybills etc are properly executed and filed.
- Report maintenance and repair needs for transportation vehicles and equipment
- Conduct regular safety audits on equipment, fleet, machinery.
- Organize training sessions for employees
- Keep organized records of equipment, vehicles, schedules and completed orders
- Ensure compliance with company policies and shipping/delivery legislation
- Stay up-to-date and ensure safety regulations are daily being adhered to
Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in supply chain and logistics or a professional qualification from a reputable institution
- At least 5 years’ middle to senior level experience in production, supply chain and/or logistics position preferably in an FMCG organization.
- Proven experience leading goods procurement, contracts management, supply chain, and operations management in a manufacturing company.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel applications, as well as electronic communications
Interested and qualified person's should send CV's to [email protected], and indicate role in the Email Subject
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.