- Schedule and plan individual tutoring sessions for your students
- provide tuition that is appropriate for the individual's needs and level of study level
- prepare students for exams or tests required for acceptance to education or training opportunities
- assess any barriers to students' study progress
- maintain up-to-date knowledge of the curriculum content and qualification frameworks you're providing subject tuition in
- use relevant tutoring methods and materials
- deliver video tutorials and facilitate online forums (if working as a distance learning tutor)
- keep student records, produce progress reports and make sure all individual student information is safely filed away
- deliver a professional service
- manage financial arrangements yourself or through an agency
- promote your services and skills to gain students and recommendations
- work to tutoring agency standards if you receive tutoring requests through them
- ensure you meet health, safety and relevant insurance requirements and work in line with child protection regulations
- operate your own private tutoring business, either full time or as an additional source of income around other employment.
Qualification and Requirements
- A minimum of an HND is required.
- At least two years experience.