Title: Operations Manager - Tourism (Accra)
Schedule: Part time - 20-25 hours a week
Duration: 3 Months with possibility for an extension of the contract
Compensation: Expense Budget provided + fixed commission
- You have experienced in tourism/hospitality, vacation rentals, car rental or tour operator in Ghana
- You are organized, personable, a good negotiator and you enjoy challenges? (MUST)
- You are good at managing a schedule, prioritizing tasks, and meeting deadlines? (MUST)
- You have experience writing follow up and activity reports? (MUST)
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit or you have experience running a business?
Sounds like you? We offer the opportunity to integrate a Startup with high potential focusing on Tourism and Hospitality solutions for Africa. We are looking for an Operations Manager for three months with a possibility of extending the contract upon successful completion of the project.
The candidate will report to the Founder. His/her main responsibilities will be to:
- Identify and create a database of potential service providers that provide rental services in the following areas:
- Furnished housing (Houses, apartments, guest houses)
- Tour guides
- Sign and negotiate partnership agreements with service providers
- Verify the identity/qualifications of each service provider
- Visit/ inspect thoroughly the quality of the services (homes, cars, tours) providers have to offer
- Taking photos/videos of the homes, cars and tours.
- Handle and resolve all customer services related issues
- Identify exciting tours/activities in Ghana primarily Accra and other primary touristic cities
- Identify potential project risks and recommend tailored solutions to mitigate risks
- Deliver work on time and be able to provide detailed regular reporting of work activities
- Assist with drafting documentation
- You must hold a University degree and at least three years of work experience in the areas of vacation home rentals, car rental or the hospitality & tourism sector.
- You live in Accra
- You have a list of contacts and you have a solid knowledge of the city of Accra and its surroundings
- Computer literate including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and be proficient with the use of internet
- Your are proficient with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Preferably speak another European Language besides English such as French/Spanish
- Have knowledge of activities Accra has to offer (culture, arts, gastronomy, leisure etc …)
- You understand the importance of delivering world class customer service experience
- You have traveled or enjoy traveling
If you are up for the challenge please send your resume and a cover letter by email at the following address: [email protected] .Only the applications with the desired experience will be taken into consideration. The candidate must be able to submit proof of your degree and proof of job history. Can’t wait to hear from you!