A Reputable Company seeks the services of an Operation Manager
Job Title: Operation Manager
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra
- On a daily basis corresponding with on site Transport Coordinator and Drivers and various other stakeholders to ensure that our company trucks get maximum assignments of loads, our trucks stay well maintained. Coordinate fleet repairs to ensure they are done timely and cost effectively. Supervise drivers to maintain maximum discipline and professionalism ensuring they timely arrive at work, manage down times productively, aggressively seek loads and timely deliver and return from assigned trips. Ensure drivers do not collect more than stipulated fuel for designated trips. Seek other business opportunities for trucks. Track all related statutory responsibilities including Insurance, VAT, Road worthiness, Driver’s License Expiration and renewal to ensure we are in complete compliance with all statutory regulations. Timely inform Management via text of all truck assignments and road incidents. Maintain accurate record of all trips, related expenses and payments on a monthly basis. Present such reports to management by the 5th day after month end.
- Manage lowbed to ensure maximum trips at all times. Seek opportunities and relationships that will bring in frequent loading to lowbed. As with Boxed trucks, ensure lowbed is well maintained in at all times. Track all trips and provide daily, weekly, monthly and adhoc reports on trips done and other related income and expenses of lowbed.
Drilling and Heavy Equipment Rental
- Manage Drilling Machine.
- Seek jobs for the drilling rig.
- Inspect prospective jobs and collect sufficient details about such jobs in order to allow for appropriate pricing of jobs.
- Keep abreast of progress of jobs and promptly report all incidents and activities impacting progress of jobs.
- Maintain timely and effective communication with relevant stakeholders including, driller, his assistant, quarry owner, blast man and where necessary agent on the drilling job.
- Ensure that on a daily basis important
info including daily incident log ( equipment breakdown, duration, repairs
done, by who etc), machine hours, engine hours are all properly captured and
other info (including income & expense items, sufficient to be able to
determine profitability of each line of work.
leading role in conducting market and competitor research, conduct intelligence
on competitors and industry and provide recommendations to positively respond
to the findings. Develop and review strategies to increase sales and revenue.
- Assume all other administrative, payroll and human resource responsibilities amongst others to ensure workers hours are promptly and accurately captured and payroll are correctly calculated and paid. All disciplinary actions and incident reports are properly documented and filed.
- Manage all company treasury responsibilities including disbursing funds to support all daily activities including evaluating and providing funds for maintenance, repairs, road expenses, payroll and other company expenses.
- Track and submit invoices for payment, and receive payments and make deposits to bank.
- Strong Communication Skills ( Both written and Verbal). Accuracy and attention to details and good organizational skills. Team builder.
- Ability to manage conflicting work demands and tight deadlines. Passionate about customer experience and making sure we always exceed their expectations. An Engaging and positive attitude with a strong desire to succeed.
- Ensure drivers, drillers, assistants and all company workers adhere to safe and healthy work practices by establishing and enforcing standards and procedures that are in compliance with national work standards that will ensure the safest working conditions.
- This role requires an individual with strong ability to multitask and work well under pressure. Should have excellent organizational skills. Demonstrated track record of being proactive, managing multiple complex projects simultaneously, and focusing on critical priorities with little or no supervision.
Qualification and Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline.
- At least 10 years working experience, 5 of which should be in the area of Quarry Operations, Construction, Mining, Transport and Logistics, Equipment Hiring or Harbor Operations or a combination of these areas.
- The candidate should have at least 3 years of supervisory experience where he/she supervised a team of at least 10 people.
- Candidate should be computer literate with strong strengths in excel and Microsoft word.