Location : Ho, Volta Region
Language Required : English (Ewe and Akan optional)
Application Deadline : 25th November, 2019
Starting Date : 14th December, 2019
Duration of Initial Contract: Initially 1 year (Extendable depending on satisfactory performance
Main duties and responsibilities
The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) Officer will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of all the Company's programs and projects. He/she will develop a systematic framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by Projects. He/she will also provide technical assistance to the Project implementation team, particularly in relation to documentation of report and proposals.
a. Coordinate and Facilitate ME&L:
- Act as a focal point for the planning, implementation, learning and reporting of ME&L.
- Coordinate and facilitate all the data gathering and processing streams of the Company.
- Ensure quality assurance of all field data analysis (including baseline and end line data gathering).
- Design survey and data collection tools using digital data gathering platforms for the organization.
- Advice on appropriate data collection technologies including the setup of a collective database with storage and management.
b. Build capacity on ME&L:
- Facilitate capacity building process of the Company's staff on knowledge, skills and competencies necessary for effective ME&L through training and coaching.
- Develop the capacity (knowledge, skills and competencies) of staff of the Company and partners necessary for effective ME&L through training and coaching.
c. Data Collection and Analysis
- Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
- Collect and analyze data and take a lead in developing methodologies to provide an evidence base for the measurement of results and to demonstrate results more clearly.
- Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review and final evaluation.
d. Organize reflections and lessons learned:
- Organize the reflection and learning events following the requirement and time lines of the outputs and reporting cycle and based on the outputs of the information and data streams.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project. Provide advice to the supervisor on improving project performance using M&E findings.
- Maintain and keep under review current monitoring, evaluation and institutional learning systems and processes, proposing changes where appropriate;
- Advise on best practice for evaluation, measurement of results and value for money, and share the learning across the organization.
- Assure that the information flows and products coming out of ME&L could easily be used for communication messages to targeted audience.
- Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
- Compile quarterly and annual reports.
f. Other duties
- Contribute to the development of projects by advising on appropriate theories of change, log frames, measurable outcomes and indicators.
- Carry out evaluations to measure the effectiveness and impact of projects in liaison with project officers and coordinators.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Programs Manager and CEO.
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in an ME&L position Essential
- Worked with an NGO Desirable
- Developing theories of change, log frames, indicators and outcome/impact measurement Essential
- Monitoring and evaluating programs Essential
- Quantitative and qualitative data analysis Essential
- Writing and presenting reports and briefings Essential
- Designing systems and tools Desirable
- Training and mentoring staff Desirable Skills, abilities and knowledge
- Knowledge of current good practice in ME&L methodologies Essential
- High level of IT competence, including Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS, STATA and web-based tools such as Survey monkey Essential
- Excellent inter-personal skills, including a collaborative approach to resolving issues Essential
- Self-motivation, high level of initiative and sense of responsibility Essential
- Strong commitment to human rights and the Company's aims Essential
- Commitment to the continuous improvement in the quality of Company's work Essential
- Good understanding of and commitment to gender equality and social inclusion and Cultural sensitivity Essential
- Willingness to work beyond normal of office hours occasionally when necessary Essential
- Education: First level university degree in Statistics, Development Studies, Political Science, International Development, Economics, or related field. Advanced certificate in M&E, statistics or Economics is added advantage.