A Reputable Company seeks the services of a Medical Lab Technician (Male)
Job Title: Medical Lab Technician (Male)
Job Location: Tantra Hill, Greater Accra
- Identify the presence or quantity of drugs of abuse, therapeutic drugs, and toxic substances by operating toxicology instrumentation and performing manual methods for the performance of drug screens, blood alcohol levels, and carbon monoxide levels.
- Provide test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating chemistry equipment
- Provide test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating hematology, urinalysis, and coagulation equipment; performing manual methods of differentials.
- Identify and communicates abnormal patient conditions by alerting supervisory personnel, the pathologist, the patient physician, or nurse; reporting mandated information to the public health department or other designated officials.
- Provides physician with information for treatment of patient infection by performing technical procedures for the identification or susceptibility of bacteria, parasites, fungi etc
- Ensure the patient of receiving compatible blood/blood components by completing blood typing, antibody screening, compatibility testing, and antibody identification procedures.
- Assure future retrieval of patient transfusion information by preparing patient packets and maintaining blood bank database.
Qualification and Requirements
- Minimum of HND or professional qualifications in laboratory technology or its equivalent in any recognized institution
- Must have a minimum experience of 2 years and above being Medical Lab Technician
- Must have completed National Service with proof (Certificate/ID Card)
- Maintains patient-confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential.
- Must have the needed technical skill to understand complex lab machinery and computer programmes used to conduct tests