- assessing project requirements
- measuring the performance of mechanical components, devices and engines
- Agreeing budgets, timescales and specifications with clients and managers
- Maintaining and modifying equipment to ensure that it is safe, reliable and efficient
- Using computer-aided design/modelling software
- Liaising with suppliers
- Undertaking relevant research
- Producing and implementing designs and test procedures
- Presenting designs to managers and clients
- Testing, evaluating, modifying and re-testing products
- Writing reports and documentation
- Providing technical advice
- Analysing and interpreting data.
Qualification and Requirements
- Bsc Mechanical Engineering from a recognized institution, and not less than ten (10) years post qualification working experience.
- He/She must be a member of a professional body and be in good standing.
- The work experiences must include working in the building construction environment, with hands on installation of plumbing items, Air conditioners, Fire fighting equipment, Lifts among others.
- Installations experience in medical facilities will be an added advantage.