The role of the Marketing Manager is to develop, maintain and coordinate marketing operations including but not limited to sales development, conference booking, digital marketing, advertising, promotions, special events and budgets. Qualified candidate will have a hospitality / hotel background in these areas and be both customer and employee oriented. Past employee management experience required. Previous experience working in a resort or hotel as part of or leading a sales team is a must.
The ideal candidate must have extensive knowledge and skill gained through broad experiences in a marketing field (or fields) which requires a command of both practical and theory marketing and sales principle. Typically requires a Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a university; or minimum of four years related experience and/or training.
1. Provide exceptional customer service to all internal and external customers.
2. Provides daily instruction to the marketing and sales development team in order to achieve successful completion of assignments within specified timelines
3. Coaches and counsels existing staff
4. Performs proofing for all email and digital campaigns
5. Approves purchase orders for marketing projects and events based on budget
6. Help develop and coordinate email, newsletter and digital pieces
7. Assists in monthly marketing planning and execution using reporting and analysis to assist
8. Prepares monthly marketing calendars and summaries
9. Delegates marketing calendar fulfilment tasks to marketing team
10. Resolves customer complaints and issues via letter, phone calls, email or personal meetings
11. Manages and coordinates customer events and conferences.
12. Interfaces with direct mail, advertising and/or other agencies to meet deadlines of radio, newsprint, social media and outdoor advertisements
13. Maintain and delegate the distribution of resort collateral
14. Creates social media, digital and public relations plans delegating fulfilment to the team
15. Works with marketing and operational team to achieve successful execution of email, digital campaigns and other projects
16. Interfaces with other departments to communicate upcoming marketing activities
1. Requires a bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field.
2. Requires a minimum of 3 years’ prior experience in hotel/resort marketing, to include experiences in ATL/BTL marketing, digital marketing, event promotions and conference
3. Requires skillset to create PowerPoint presentations and edit/create posts on social media platforms
Time; To include Days, Evenings, Weekends and Holidays