Media and Advertising
- Assist in the development of all strategic and tactical marketing initiatives and plans.
- Create and implement marketing/media plans that include print, online, trade shows and social networking opportunities.
- Concept and write branded advertising campaigns, white papers and other technical content.
- Conduct market research to identify effective promotional methods and negotiate media contracts.
- Investigate new media opportunities (print, events, online, advertorials), negotiate rates, and book space.
- Traffic all advertisements to appropriate publications and online venues.
- Develop and maintain internal communication systems (intranet, newsletters, emails, corporate announcements).
- Manage corporate email signatures and mini signature campaigns.
- Create, maintain and strengthen Company’s overall brand in all forms of media (online, print, academic).
- Organize and streamline service offerings into customer friendly concepts.
- Manage printers and other promotional vendors.
- Manage the content of our corporate website and subsidiary sites to ensure that they are current, dynamic, and relevant.
- Write, execute, and deploy email marketing campaigns and web content.
- Modify web widgets in Company’s CMS tool.
- Consider new ways to further develop our corporate site in order to make it a selling tool.
- Review web analytics and ad words campaigns on an ongoing basis and generate monthly reports regarding site traffic.
- Create and periodically refresh customer sub-sites with relevant information.
- Coordinate and organize all trade show arrangements (registration, shipping, promotion, travel).
- Assist in the development and execution of corporate events (Holiday, morale boosters, employee appreciations, profit sharing meeting).
- Provide support during customer visit and external audits by preparing conference rooms and facilitating meals.
- Solicit editors of targeted publications for editorial opportunities and negotiate programs.
- Create and execute publicity campaigns and press releases.
- Write and concept advertorials in addition to getting them published.
- Manage all social media sites by keeping them active and dynamic.
- Assist with incoming RFPs including: writing responses, compiling attachments and managing timelines.
- Create new client kits.
- Collaborate with outbound sales to customize and develop compelling and meaningful presentations.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, scanner, copy machine, fax machine, binder, laminator, telephone/headset,lead reader.
- Twelve months per year, standard work schedule as needed to successfully meet individual and department goals and objectives, and meet employee and client needs, including a reasonable amount of overtime as necessary. This may include occasional evening and/or weekend hours.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Superior creative and technical writing skills.
- Keen eye for detail and ability to produce high quality content.
- Demonstrated experience in internet architecture, direct mail, print and electronic advertising.
- Strong creativity and marketing skills. Ability to generate multiple and varied ideas.
- Must be able to manage many moving parts and details at once.
- Experience representing corporations at trade events.
- Organizational and time management skills. Complete work within established time frames.
- Ability to prioritize, and coordinate multiple projects and competing work demands. Ability to see the “big picture” while managing several small projects.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Positive interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain cooperative, courteous working relationships with others.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications including advanced skills in Power Point, Excel, Office 365/Skype, and Word; and basic skills or knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Ability to problem-solve job-related issues.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding company financial and other information.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office building environments.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on occasion.
- Must be able to pack and assemble trade show booth.
- Must be willing to travel a few times per year (5% travel) and work overtime when required.
See the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, or other related field, and two to four years related experience.
- Demonstrated background in content management, creative writing, advertising concepting, direct mail, print, media negotiations, and electronic advertising.
- Experience using a CMS for web editing and basic web programming a plus.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word; Office 365/Skype; and basic skills or knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
Requirement (* very important, without this you will not be considered for the job)
- Must be able to ride a motorbike safely and appropriately within and outside Accra
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian motorbike license
- Ability to drive both a car and ride a motor bike will be an advantage